X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CODYAARON2
    • Nov 2004

Looking for a good CRT TV?

I'm currently looking for a good CRT TV for under $4000.
    Is there any that you might recommend or even any that you might say stay away from. I want something around 50" - 56".

Someone recommended this to me. Mitsubishi Diamond line and they have one that's 55 in. diagonal. Mitsubishi's Diamond line are some of the most well regarded CRT RPTVs out there. They retail for around your budget, you should be able to talk down the price a little bit easily. How much viewing distance do you have? They also have a 65 in. version in the same line with a 9'' CRT gun that gives gorgeus PQ

Thanks
    God Bless
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Mitsubishi and Hitachi are what I'd recommend
    Jason

Comment

• Kevin P
      • Aug 2000

I second Aud19's recommendations, and add Toshiba to the list. Sonys are good too, but are usually more expensive and not any better quality-wise than the other brands.

One advantage of Mitsubishi is AFAIK they still support 480p natively, whereas Tosh and Hitachi upscale to 540p or 1080i. This upscaling can result in artifacts when watching non-HD sources such as cable or DVD, though with proper calibration even the upconverted image can look great.

Comment

• Shane Martin
        Super Senior Member
        • Apr 2001

One advantage of Mitsubishi is AFAIK they still support 480p natively,
        Sony does but Mits's newer model I've heard DON'T.

Sony's are also not as expensive as Mits, and Hitachi.

Toshiba's in my experience are not as tweakable. The ISF guys I talked to did not recommend Toshiba over Mits or Hitachi because of this.

if you can get last years 55" Diamond then Do it and then immediately remove the protector. HUGE DIFFERENCE.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"