X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theinsider
    • Feb 2005

Mitsubishi WL-82913

undefined

I am new to this form.I am looking at Mitsuubishi 82 inch LCOS tv.Does any one know if this set is any good?can it up convert 480i or 1080i to 1080p or it need a processor like Faroudja DVP-1080 to do the job .I tried to find reviews for this tv on the web but I have no luck .Any input from your guys will be great since this tv cost so much
    Last edited by theinsider; 27 February 2005, 01:57 Sunday.
  • BlazeMaster
    • May 2004

great TV, offer great detail due to the native 1080p resolutions. A processor will definitly improve the PQ to a certain degree, but I doubt you'll see a significant difference, since you're already watching it at its native resolutions and best resolutions. If you have the funds for it, go for it. The Faroudja processor that you mentioned is also alot of $$$, too much for me to afford. I can only dream about having gears like that.

With that being said, can I offer you some suggestions? There's alot of other options out there, when you're able to drop almost $20k on just a display and another bundle on the processor that you mentioned. Have you thought about going with a Front Projector? You can easily shoot up a image that size or bigger effortlessly and pay only half of that price. With a "just" a $10k budget, you can pretty much get some of the best digital projectors that's out there with some of the best screens and still come well under that $20k budget. I don't know what's your room environment like, but just something to consider. IMO, if money is no object for you, I'd still look at other options then the WL82913. It sure is nice to have 1080p especially when HDDVD and BluRay DVD is just around the corner, but have you heard anything about the Sony's SXRD, Qualia and even the Toshiba/Cannon SED? Those are also on the top of the drool list for me. Keep an eye on it, since I'm assuming you don't want to make another 5 figure purchase within the same year...good luck...

BTW: welcome to this forum...

Comment

• theinsider
      • Feb 2005

I am getting it for under 12k with 4 years extended warranty ,tax and in home setup. I looked at the picture again today in store and did not like it .I have sony lcd 70 inch xbr that has a better picture then this unit.I am selling my 70 inch xbr and wanted to upgrade to this 1080p tv.I asked the store owner wht the picture is so bad and was told that the dvd player is $89 that can only do 480p. what you guys think?should I go with the tv and invest into Faroudja dvp1080 processor??
      Please advise
      Thanks

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"