X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dilucc
    • Feb 2005

troubleshooting OLD front projection 52" TV

Hi...New here, so I hope I did this right

OK so here's my problem...I purchased an OLD 52" Pioneer Model # LS501 off ebay for 20.00...Thought it would be cool to have in my bedroom...well low and behold got it, plugged it in and it worked...(for about 5 minutes) then shut off, then I tried to turn it on again and it didnt work until I waited a couple of minutes and again came on for about 5 minutes

I am trying to see if anyone knows anything about this unit that was actually manufactured in 1982...Or if you can give me any tips, and is it worth fixing?? Any info that you can send I would really appreciate...Thanks Cheryl
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

I'm not familiar with that make and model. It does sound like some kind of a power supply issue. I don't think it is worth spending a lot on, but if it is only something minor and the repair bill is $100 or so, it may be worth fixing it up. But at that age, maybe the crts are giving up the ghost. Really hard to recommend anything here, Cheryl. A service tech will probably want something just to look at it.

Jon or Dean may know something about this unit. Perhaps they will jump in.
    My Homepage!

Comment

• Kevin P
      • Aug 2000

It could be that something is overheating. Maybe open it up and see if the vents or innards are clogged up with dust. Just be careful not to touch anything as the CRTs are charged to something like 25-35,000 volts! Use a vacuum with a non-metallic nozzle attachment or a can of "air". If the unit has any fans make sure they're working properly too.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"