X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joelp
    • Nov 2004

Attention: Panasonic PT-AE700U owners

Hi All,

After doing piles of research I’m getting close to buying a Panasonic PT-AE700U. I’ve read all the reviews, checked the stats, and examined every picture available on the net. The only problem is I haven’t actually seen the PJ in action! I can’t seem to find a retailer in Vancouver, BC, Canada which has the PT-AE700U in stock or is willing to bring one in for me to look at. So, I’d like to ask any HTguide members from the area if you know of a store that has it available, or if you have one and am willing to let me come check it out.

Incindetally, I happend upon this canadian site today, http://www.eastporters.com, they can sell me a japanese version of the projector for 2500.00 CAD. and it incldues a 1 year warranty, anyone dealt with them?

Thanks!

Joelp
  • Brandon B
    Super Senior Member
    • Jun 2001

Careful. Warranty issues with firms like this usually require mailing the PJ back to them in Japan. Do you really want to be in that situation?

BB

Comment

• Bent
      Super Senior Member
      • Sep 2003

If it's the cost you are concerned with, (Panasonic's pj's are a great deal more here then south of the border) then just purchase it from a reputeable US re-seller.

Do Eastporter's projectors carry a ULC or equivalent certification? (if it fails and causes a fire, you could have some trouble convincing your insurer that you excercised due diligence in providing safe fixtures and appliences in your residence...)

Some thoughts to ponder.

Comment

• Joelp
        • Nov 2004

thanks for the reply guys, I've email the firm with the following questions, will let you know what the outcome is.

Hi,

I’m going to ask some questions which I’m sure you have answered a hundred times, here they go:

I live in Vancouver, BC , if I order the PT-AE700U how much do I pay to get it to my door with Cash on Delivery

Does the projector have an Underwriters Laboratory (UL) certification for Canada? If not, what is the Japanese equivalent? Could you please provide a picture of the certification?

I understand that all warranty issues require the projector to be sent to Japan for repair, can you please describe the steps taken in detail?

Has anyone used the warranty through you to get their Panasonic projector fixed, can you provide their contact info so I may inquire?

Do you have a reference list of clients who have bought the PT-AE700U projector in Western Canada, so that I may verify details about the process?

I appreciate you reply to my questions, I’m excited about the projector!
        Feel free to call or email me.
        Thanks,

Comment

• KAP
          • Jan 2005

I recently purchased a PT-AE700U from a very repudible online authorized dealer. I had every intention of buying the BenQ PE-8700. However, the salesperson told me that she had seen both projectors right next to each other and could not tell a difference in picture quality.

At almost half the price, I was happy to go with her recommendation and get the Panasonic!!!! Thus far, I'm extremely pleased with it. :T

Comment

• mvoorberg
            • Feb 2005

I saw one at the A&B Sound here in Calgary. Have you checked the Vancouver location?

Comment

• Joelp
              • Nov 2004

Can't believe it! ABsound actually has it in stock and on display. That was a no brainer, it's just that I've never seen them display it before and the salesman said they rotate the projectors everyonce and a while.

Comment

• austriacus
                • Jan 2005

Warranty just 1 year compared to the sanyo z3.
                Vertical banding is reported in test.

But obviously good marketing and top-selling rank.

Comment

• Joelp
                  • Nov 2004

The warranty is only 1 year, but the vertical banding issue is adressed in the newer models with firmware 1.07 installed, so I hear.

here is a good unbiased review : http://ultimateavmag.com/videoprojectors/205panasonic/

Comment

• Joelp
                    • Nov 2004

Well I went and checked out the AE700U at AB sound today, and boy does it look good. I even kept the overhead lights on for a couple scenes of the fifth element to simulate worst case scenario in our living room and the picture was palpable. It's much qieter than I anticipated, and the I could only notice the screen door effect from 2 feet away. Since I'll be sitting 10 feet away, from a 60-65" projected image that's not a concern. Hopefully I'll be enjoying the PJ in my own living room in a month or two

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"