X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Trevor Schell
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Studio Matinee HD2

I have had my Studio Matinee HD 2 for a year now.
    Just wondering how it compares to what's available now?
    At the time the Matinee HD 2 was a best buy in terms of price and preformance.
    Trevor

XBOX 360 CARD
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Trevor its pretty old an more or less junk now. If I were you I'd just toss it out and buy the new HD3 model. On second thoughts since mine even older then yours maybe instead of throwing yours in the trash just give it to me instead and I'll even cover shipping. I know its very generous of me but what are friends for right Seriously Trev there are better projectors available but then there always will be and your 2HD is still a great projector. If you've got the upgrade itch get a better screen as that will significantly improve the black level you get now. From what I saw when I was there your black level could be improved with a different screen.

Comment

• Chris D
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Dec 2000

Hmmm.... there's no 3HD model now, is there? Matter of fact, I see Studio Experience models not really listed on their website anymore.
      CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
      - Pleasantville

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2001

Basically the SE projectors were Sanyos. The new Sanyo Z3 is getting a lot of attention these days. It would be a natural upgrade from the #2 model of the previous year. I believe it may be a couple hundre or so more, though. Supposed to have killer contrast.
        My Homepage!

Comment

• Shane Martin
          Super Senior Member
          • Apr 2001

For the price its probably still hard to beat but the latest 2 $4k projectors that have came out have raised the bar.

The Sony HS51 and the new 720P DLP Sanyo. Supposedly someone else(I think Toshiba or Hitachi) came out with a 720P DLP for around $3500 MSRP at the latest CES.

Comment

• Chris D
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Dec 2000

Yeah, the new Z3 is nice, but we haven't heard anything about a corresponding 3HD coming out. The Sony HS51, Panny AE700, and Sanyo Z3 all look nice.
            CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Jan 2001

Shane,Toshiba and Benq will have 720p dlps at the $3400 price point.
              My Homepage!

Comment

• Sonnie Parker
                • Jan 2002

No Studio Experience 3HD but there is certainly a 30HD that has been released for a few months now.

Native Resolution is 1024 X 576
                2500:1 Contrast Ratio
                800 Lumens
                Matterhorn DMD Chip

Spec Sheet in PDF

Street price is around $3K... cost is $2100.

My understanding is that there is a significant image quality difference between it and the 2HD... although I have not seen the 30HD in action.

Comment

• Chris D
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Dec 2000

Yeah, but still sub-hi-def. For me personally, I gotta have the 720p capability or higher in widescreen.
                  CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"