X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • haydenrj
    • Dec 2004

Looking for projector recomendation

Setting up a small HT in a basement room. Major use will be for gaming using an Xbox. Screen size will be less than 100" and seating will be at least 10 feet from screen. Any thoughts on the inFocus SP5000 for this, or alternatives.

Thanks, Richard
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

I guess it depends on whether you want lcd or dlp. The SP 5000 is lcd and Dean owns one. It's 1280 x 720 so it will do HDTV. If you want dlp HDTV, you are going to pay a lot more than you would for the 5000. A lot of folk here own the Infocus 4805. It isn't Hi Def, though owners say it gives a great hi-def picture. The 4805 is 854 x 480, which is perfect for dvds.
    My Homepage!

Comment

• haydenrj
      • Dec 2004

I'd be happy with LCD if it performs sufficiently well. In purchasing one now I would want something to support 720p for both Xbox gaming and HDTV. I think I will be far enough back from the screen > 1.2 diagonal to avoid a "screen door effect".

Comment

• McBanjo
        • Dec 2004

Ive heard that DLP is better for HT because LCD has more of a sharp grid like feel to it (eg like a security fly screen is over the picture.) LCD gives a sharper image for things like text. Im not saying that DLP is really bad for sharp image and you probably couldnt even notice unless the screens were projecting side by side. But DLP has more contrast and is more powerful for HT.

for more info go to http://www.soundvideo.com/value_DLP-vs-LCD.htm for a more in depth analysis.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"