X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Doug S
    • Dec 2004

Projector compatability

Hello...First let me say that I'm a newbie to this forum thing also the wonderful ever changing world of projectors....Don't have one yet I'm still reseaching .

Now the thing is guys I have this Gateway Muti-media center the [901X] if any of you are familiar with it. It has a DVI -D out jack Also has a built in DVD player/recorder can burn dvd/cd and record to your hard drive.I believe the player recorder is a Toshiba not sure if is is progressive scan or not.
    I'm wondering here which projector with work best with this set-up? The following projectors are what I have it narrowed down to:

Infocus 4805
    sanyo PV2,PV3
    Pan. 700,500
    Mits. 300U

Also.....How much ambiant light can you have in a room ? I am thinking of my screen being on the east wall of my room...I have a picture window on the west end . So daytime viewing could be a problem as I can only block out some of the light . Any suggestions on this whole thing would be greatly appreciated
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Ambient light will wash out the picture.I am fortunate enough to have a dedicated room without windows, but many people with windows have added blackout curtains. Thing is, none of the projectors you mentioned are light cannons as far as I know, but the Infocus, Sanyo and Panny models are all pretty hot items right now.
    My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"