X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CODYAARON2
    • Nov 2004

Sony 50" & JVC 52" any reviews

Yesterday I went to Best Buy and saw a couple of TV's that I liked, just wandered if anyone own's or has any imput about these TV's. First the Sony 50" KDF50WE655 price was $2999. Second the JVC 52" HD52Z575 price was $3299. I know that I can get a better price on the internet but that was Best Buy prices. To me the Sony looked better, it looked like the picture was a little briter but you never know since the store never sets up the tv for optimal viewing. By the way how much are you looking at the have the TV calibrated by a pro, and do you feel that it is worth the extra money to have the TV calibrated.

Thanks
    God Bless
  • Brandon B
    Super Senior Member
    • Jun 2001

From what I understand, the JVCs are one of the brightest RPs on the market, so the ones in the store may not have been representative.

I personally would get one of the JVCs for various reasons over the Sony, although I think the Sony's are good TVs (my dad has a year old one). JVCs DILA is smoother and better in other areas like contrast and color rendition. Not worlds better, but enough to make it worthwhile IMO.

Calibration will probably run a few to several hundred dollars. Since it is best to run the TV in a while before getting it calibrated, I'd just buy the TV and then watch it a while and decide then if you have the urge to improve the image at that price. You can also buy one of the calibration DVDs and do a pass yourself. If you like the results of that, you can then judge better whether it's important enough to you. Avia or DVE run $40-60 online.

BB

Comment

• mzuelch
      • Dec 2004

Just finished with all the connections-Comcast cable, VHS, DVD and Laserdisc-to my new JVC HD-52Z585 (has a few more features than the 575, and is all black which fits in with my home theatre room). Can't go wrong with the unit, better picture than than Plasma, LCD Projection or DLP (which has the rainbow effect and limited viewing angles for good picture. Don't know where you live, got mine at ABC Warehouse (MI) for $3,300 tax, delivery and 5 yr extended warranty plus-new technology- (covers all).

Comment

• Shane Martin
        Super Senior Member
        • Apr 2001

The JVC is the better set IMHO.

Sound and Vision just did a review of the 52" in their latest magazine

Avia and DVE run $40-60 online. But there are things that DVE and Avia can't calibrate and that is done by an ISF tech. Well worth it IMHO.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"