X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Foxman
    • Jan 2003

I finaly stepped into bigscreen TV

Well after much deliberation and discussion I finlay took the plunge this week and purchased the Mitsubishi WS-48515. I decided on a TV with OTA built in because I simply do not wish to incorporate another box and since I will not be getting raped by Direct TV for their Tivo/HD combo for $999.00 I decided to stick with OTA for now.

So, anyway I have zero experiance with these big screens and am really in a learning curve so bear with me here.

I noticed after going through the Avia disk about 4 times so far that the settings that are great for DVD do not apply to SD Satelite, is this normal? My reds on SD Sat are a lot more hot. So far I am not overwhellmed by the PQ on SD Sat so my interest in a HD signal is peaked and am checking into a better arial than the POS I have(RCA ANT200B). Rat Shack has a decent inexpensive one for about $23.99 that another member of another forum is using with great success Cat# 15-2160 (Rat Shack Arial list) but was curious if anyone had any other ideas without spending a boat load of money. I am trying the cheap method first, as if you couldnt tell.

On DVD though the PQ is nothing short of amazing. So far we have watched Ice Age, Van Halsing, Cronicals of Riddick & Finding Nemo. All of them were simply stunning.
    IMO

My Movies
    Bad Pics of my system
  • John Holmes
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

I noticed after going through the Avia disk about 4 times so far that the settings that are great for DVD do not apply to SD Satelite, is this normal? My reds on SD Sat are a lot more hot.

I think a lot of people have this issue. I use TWC. My HD content (for the most part) if fantastic. My SD varies from good to ok with a 2 or 3 channels that could really be a lot better.

I can't comment on OTA signals though.
    "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"