X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mikey1980
    • Jun 2005

PC to Bigscreen (dvi - hdmi)

Hello, i have a ati radeon 7500 with the dvi output on it, and a toshiba 51" h84c bigscreen. i was wondering if anyone out there has attempted hooking up there comptuer to there tv via the dvi-hdmi ports. i have the cable and everything, but don't want to fry my tv or vise versa as i know nothing about hometheatre or hi def. any help would be much appreciated, thanks

Mikey
  • Dean McManis
    Moderator Emeritus
    • May 2003

I wouldn't necessarily worry about frying anything, but I'm not sure if the connection will work to display video. DVI, the computer output just relates to the physical connection, which should be fine with a DVI-to-HDMI cable.

But I doubt that the Radeon can output HDMI signals for copy protection (which is the main reason for DHCP/HDMI in the first place). So it would depend on if the Toshiba has the capability of displaying a computer RBG signal, or if their design only allows encrypted video connections to peripherals.

You might check the TV's manual to see if there is a provision for connecting it to a PC (not S-Video) for displaying pictures or movies.

-Dean.

Comment

• Chris D
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Dec 2000

Hi, Mikey, welcome to the Guide! :banana: Yup, I hook up my Dell laptop to my Panasonic projector via DVI/HDMI. Totally do-able.
      CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
      - Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"