X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chuckaroo
    • Apr 2004

Component connections

Howdy folks
    Long time no talk. Just been too busy trying to get this HT together.
    Just about got this thing ready to go. Got the seating together, the screen ready and my Z2 mounted.
    Just wanted to know if I should connect my component cables direct from the DVD to the projector or pass them through my receiver then on to the PJ.
    You folks have always been there for me and the help has been greatly appreciated.
    Will try to get some pics for you when totally completed.
    Oh yes, I'm trying themisty evening grey on MDF with the 2 coats of Kilz and 3 coats of grey. Trying to ballance my budget also. Also with this grey screen, what settings would you suggest for the Z2?

Many thanks to you folks on the guide. :T
    Chuckster
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

The "official videophile" answer is to connect sources direct to your video display so that there is no signal degradation through a receiver/pre-pro. But if you have multiple sources, a receiver or pre-pro CAN do a great job of source-switching with a remote for ease... you may just run out of available connections on the video display itself.

If your DVD player is your only source, then sure, just go straight to the projector.
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• Uncle Clive
      Former Moderator
      • Jan 2002

IMO, THE DIRECT CONNECTION IS ALWAYS THE BEST. Some receievers don't do a good job of keeping the video signal clean. You may pickup line noise from the Amp.

Only if it is necessary (and have no choice) to switch audio and video from a desired source would this be recommended.
      CLIVE

HEY!! Why buy movie tickets when you can own a Theater?

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2001

I have always connected direct.
        My Homepage!

Comment

• chuckaroo
          • Apr 2004

Thanks for ereasing this component hookup question mark over my head. I'm going for the direct.

Any thoughts on Z2 settings for this misty evening grey screen I have fabricated?

Many thanks as always. You folks have been life savors.
          Chuckster

Comment

• Chris D
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Dec 2000

Chuckaroo, you'll need a calibration DVD disc to set the parameters correctly. Use a disc like Avia or Video Essentials, both of which are widely available and reasonably affordable for the power they give consumers.
            CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
            - Pleasantville

Comment

• Preacherman
              • Jan 2004

Grab the Avia disk, it come in handy. Be sure and post some picks.
              Bruce

Individuality - Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"