X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Adz
    • Jan 2004

Silver Vutec

Is anyone familar with the Vutec Silverstar?
    There are a fair share of reviews and comparisons out there but wondering what our Forum thought?
    Last edited by Adz; 07 November 2004, 21:05 Sunday.
    Adz
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

I am not familiar with VUTEC screens, Adz. But the reviews I have read on the Silver were pretty encouraging.
    My Homepage!

Comment

• Brandon B
      Super Senior Member
      • Jun 2001

A couple of guys who have had a lot of screens and done detailed analysis of them concluded that the silverstar's gain is not as high as claimed, and that it may not be any higher than something like the highpower.

I have not seen one personally, but everything else i have read about it was pretty positive. LIke most high gain screens, hoptspotting can be a bit of an issue, and it only recently became available as a rollup type screen.

BB

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

I have a sample of the SilverStar but not of the High Power although I did request one awhile ago

The SilverStar is very bright compared to the HCCV, Firehawks, Greyhawks etc but it mutes the blacks compared to those (esp the firehawk). From what I've seen on my sample it looks very vibrant and the image litterally jumps out at you...but I'm not so sure it wouldn't get to be a little too much after awhile...esp on a large screen. Its almost like a new TV from the store in their high contrast (torch) mode...it looks great at first but quickly becomes bothersome. That said there's an awful lot of SilverStar fans out there so maybe I'm way off base on that.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"