X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Foxman
    • Jan 2003

Center Channel on RPTV

Hey guys after much debating I think the Mrs and I have decided on a TV, the 48" Mits 48515 is the number. Anyway my Klipsch RC-7 weighs 46lbs and will need to be on top of the TV, so should I put something to spread the weight out like a piece of glass or should I even bother.

Any thoughts?
    IMO

My Movies
    Bad Pics of my system
  • BlazeMaster
    • May 2004

You should really consider a center channel stand for a speaker that heavy. I moved my LCR600 off my RPTV and it sounds much better on the Sound Anchor stand that I got for it. I know it looks more messy with the speaker on the stand in front of the TV and it takes up more floor space. When I had the speaker on the TV, I noticed the picture was bending down a little bit where the speaker was putting pressure the TV.

Comment

• Lex
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Apr 2001

That's a pretty heavy speaker! Maybe consider a shelf right above the RPTV?

Lex
      Doug
      "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• jimmyp58
        Super Senior Member
        • Aug 2003

Check with Sounds Anchors. Bob will custom build something for you that'll fit like a glove and support the weight of that speaker (bringing no stress to the RPTV). All his work is high class and of exemplary worksmanship.
        jpiscitello@ameritech.net

Comment

• David Meek
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

Russel, I recommend getting the CC as far away from the RPTV as possible. This will minimize any sonic interactions with the cabinet. You really don't want the face of the speaker in line with that large, flat, RESONANT surface of the TV as it seriously dulls the sound. Go with a Sound Anchor or something similar and put the CC out in front of and just below the screen. I think you'll like what you hear.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• gostan
            • May 2003

Aesthetics cause many of us to place the center channel speaker either on a shelf (ugly and too high to sound good) or under the stand of a rptv (too low and muffled).

I tried both with my Sony 50"GWIII and HTM1. Both choices were very mediocre.

Bite the bullet and place the speaker on a good stand in front of the rptv and adjust the delay just a little to offset the fact that the center channel is about 12 +/- inches in front of the left and right mains. Everybody else in my house has got used to having the rather large B&W HTM1 sitting in front of the monitor because it sounds sooo good. Myself, I think that it is simply beautiful looking right there up in front of all.

Stan
            Stan

Comment

• Foxman
              • Jan 2003

hey guys, thanks for the replys. I will have to do some measuring and put some thought into explaining that to the Mrs. I seem to have misplaced my manlyhood (in a sealed jar locked in a safe burried 6' underground) 8O .
              IMO

My Movies
              Bad Pics of my system

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"