X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • niget2002
    • Aug 2007

center speaker stand

I need to build a stand for my center speaker that can come up from behind the tv and then out over it so the speaker is in line with the tv.

Any ideas? I have 1 idea, and I'll try to get something sketched up to show ya'll what ya'll think.

Right now, my center speaker isn't too heavy, but I hope to build a 3-way center in the future that may be.

The speaker won't fit under the tv due to equipment being there.
  • Hdale85
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

What does the back of your T.V look like? Got any pics? I'm going to do something similar when I get my new RPTV.

Comment

• niget2002
      • Aug 2007

The TV is a Mitsubishi 57732.

The attached image is what's floating in my head.

I can build a stand that has supports to hold a shelf out over the tv.

The legs of the stand will be box shaped to help take the strain, and then the foot will have a hole in it for the center support in the back of the tv stand.

I was also thinking that I can put two braces on top of the foot that can fill in the gap between the tv stand and the speaker stand... basically wedging the foot of the stand between the tv stand and the ground.

The TV is about 18" deep and 37" tall. I "think" the tv stand is about 2' tall (+/-).

Of course, the whole thing would be painted flat black to make it disappear, and I'd probably run the speaker wire down one of the legs.

I was trying to find a picture of the tv stand on the net, but it was a discontinued Best Buy model and I can't remember any information about it.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Hdale85
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2006

That image you did up is almost exactly what I was thinking. I'm guessing the bottom plate is the top of the TV stand. You may want some sort of support there as well like a solid triangle or something on each side.

Comment

• niget2002
          • Aug 2007

Actually, I was going to have the bottom support go Under the TV stand.

The TV stand I have has a glass top and a glass shelf in the middle, but the bottom is solid (MDF probably).

I'm trying to keep the legs close to the back of the stand/tv so big brace supports won't fit. I can probably do rectangle or triangle braces the same height as the gap under the tv stand (maybe 3").

Comment

• Hdale85
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2006

Well that might work then. If its possible might consider screwing the legs of the stand straight into the back of the cabinet if its solid MDF.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"