Upgrade Forum to 6.0.2

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • theSven
    Master of None
    • Jan 2014
    • 1664

    #1

    Upgrade Forum to 6.0.2

    Hopefully the notice is working to inform everyone that there is a maintenance window scheduled for the 16th of December 2023. During this maintenance window the forum will undergo and upgrade to the latest version of the software. I've waited for a couple patch releases since the initial release of version 6. The look and feel will be the same, but the code underneath is improved and will get all the new features going forward. The current version of the forum is in maintenance mode and will only get security updates. Therefore it made sense at the end of the year to upgrade the forum for us to start the new year with the latest and greatest supported version.

    The themes will stay the same, but I will enable 2 new themes to try out. I may end up having to remove the Quarto themes because the developer of this theme has not released a version yet, and there are some CSS issues that need to get fixed. However the themes are usable, but I would prefer we have supported themes in the event anything breaks.

    The most noteworthy feature that I like is that you can now use emojis to like posts. It's not limited to thumbs up or nothing like it has been. The likes can help build reputation in the forum as well. For those interested the list of changes can be found here, here, & here.

    Once the forum is upgraded and back online to use please report any issues to this thread.
    Painter in training
  • JonMarsh
    Mad Max Moderator
    • Aug 2000
    • 16170

    #2
    Do you have an idea of what the outage timeframe will be? Day or two?
    the AudioWorx
    Natalie P
    M8ta
    Modula Neo DCC
    Modula MT XE
    Modula Xtreme
    Isiris
    Wavecor Ardent

    SMJ
    Minerva Monitor
    Calliope
    Ardent D

    In Development...
    Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
    Obi-Wan
    Saint-Saëns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
    Modula PWB
    Calliope CC Supreme
    Natalie P Ultra
    Natalie P Supreme
    Janus BP1 Sub


    Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
    Just ask Mr. Ohm....

    Comment

    • theSven
      Master of None
      • Jan 2014
      • 1664

      #3
      Originally posted by JonMarsh
      Do you have an idea of what the outage timeframe will be? Day or two?
      Hours, not days 😉. It should take less than 4 hours to complete the upgrade. I could open it up sooner with the exception that search will be slow. I have to rebuild all the search indexes for the forum. I'm upgrading Sphinx with this upgrade too. Sphinx is the application that indexes the database for searching.
      Painter in training

      Comment

      • JonMarsh
        Mad Max Moderator
        • Aug 2000
        • 16170

        #4
        I figured that clarification might help everyone... and thanks for the details.
        the AudioWorx
        Natalie P
        M8ta
        Modula Neo DCC
        Modula MT XE
        Modula Xtreme
        Isiris
        Wavecor Ardent

        SMJ
        Minerva Monitor
        Calliope
        Ardent D

        In Development...
        Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
        Obi-Wan
        Saint-Saëns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
        Modula PWB
        Calliope CC Supreme
        Natalie P Ultra
        Natalie P Supreme
        Janus BP1 Sub


        Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
        Just ask Mr. Ohm....

        Comment

        • theSven
          Master of None
          • Jan 2014
          • 1664

          #5
          The form upgrade is completed. If you find anything that doesn't work or have a problem to report, please post here in this thread.
          Painter in training

          Comment

          Related Topics

          Collapse

          • bleeding ears
            Rsp 1068 latest upgrade ?
            by bleeding ears
            Hi guys,

            Could somebody tell me what the latest upgrade version is for the rsp1068?

            I am seriously close to buying one and want to make sure I am getting the
            latest upgrade version.

            Also what exactly does the upgrade do that the older version/s...
            07 September 2005, 10:53 Wednesday
          • theSven
            vBulletin 5 Upgrade
            by theSven
            The project to upgrade vBulletin to version 5 has started, and this thread is to track the upgrade from my test environment into production.

            I built a local Ubuntu 22.04 virtual machine, downloaded the DB backup, the forum files, and I have bought a new license for vBulletin 5. I got...
            13 June 2022, 10:19 Monday
          • Chross
            RSP1098 My first software-upgrade
            by Chross
            Hello,

            I just want to share my first soft upgrade experience from v1.1.0 => 2.1.2.
            Because I didn’t found the time to install the software, I was still running version 1.1.0. Today I had a free day and I decided to do the upgrade, and it went very smoothly without any error...
            20 April 2004, 14:27 Tuesday
          • scanido
            Piano Black Maintenance
            by scanido
            Hey All,

            Haven't posted here in awhile as i've been spending lots of time with my 803S/HTM3S system. After 5yrs of good service, I have decided to "upgrade" to the new 802D in Piano Black.

            I posted a maintenance thread here back then on maintaining that Series,...
            05 January 2011, 15:50 Wednesday
          • nfjason
            Confused about NuForce versions, warranty and upgrade?
            by nfjason
            Nuforce is a fully integrated company with capability to design and manufactured switching power supply, amplifier, inverter (DC-AC conversion), power conditioner and other stuff

            We try to share as many parts and technology across one or more product line. Therefore even discontinued...
            05 February 2006, 14:20 Sunday
          • Loading...
          • No more items.
          Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

            Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

            Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"