Ok... is it just me or does anyone else have this problem.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Trevor_J
    • Oct 2002

Ok... is it just me or does anyone else have this problem.

Sorry, this isn't directly related to Rotel equipment but it's related to this forum so I thought I'd post here.

I've checked my profile many times, and I've checked and rechecked my e-mail address. I find it annoying that even though I've opted to have e-mail sent to me when topics I am interested in are updated I do not receive them. Does anyone else have this problem?
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

hmm i thought mats had fixed that little feature? I'll let him know about it...in future though this would be better posted in the Administrative area

Comment

• Trevor_J
      • Oct 2002

Thanks Andrew, that was the first notification I've recieved since I joining back in October.

I actually saw the Administrative area, but I thought it was a place for Administrators only.

Next time I'll post there.

Thanks.

Comment

• Mats
        Special Member
        • Jun 2000

Ï'll promise to look into this ASAP. If a major bug is showing up in the current release of the Board I might not fix until I release the new CFBoards 3.0.
        This one is comming along pretty fine and shouldn't be too far away in time... (I hope)
        I'll keep everyone posted on the progress soon in the Admin area.

Mats
        HTGuide
        Mats
        Mats Strömberg
        Ah! It's a profit deal! Takes the pressure off! Get your weight guessed right here! Only a buck! Actual live weight guessing! Take a chance and win some crap!
        Navin R Johnson (alias Steve Martin)

Comment

• Sonnie Parker
          • Jan 2002

I did post about this in Administrative.

Originally posted by Trevor_J
          Thanks Andrew, that was the first notification I've recieved since I joining back in October.
          Isn't this because it was Trevor_J that started the thread? If he had not started it then he would not have been notified, right?

I'm trying it now.

SONNIE

Cedar Creek Cinema

DVD Collection

BFD Comprehensive Setup Guide

Comment

• Trevor_J
            • Oct 2002

Ok, I've been away for a while and a couple of the threads that I'm subscribed to (including this one) haven't been sending me notifications so I guess it still isn't fixed.

Comment

• Lex
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Apr 2001

As far as I know this feature has never worked, not sure why. It may be eliminated in the new release.

Moving thread to Admin, where it belongs...

Lex
              Doug
              "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Mats
                Special Member
                • Jun 2000

Well, the feature was working back in release 1.5x of CFBoards. Somehow it got screwed up in release 1.6.
                And yes.. at present it only works for the person that starts the thread (when it works)
                In CFBoards 3.0 you will be able to subscribe to any thread at any time. Unsubscribe from the thread will be thru a link in the email wich will bring you back onto the forum with an usubscribe button.

One issue I havn't solved yet is the problem of thread activities. A thread like the TTP, in Not ready for Primetime forum, here as an example. This would be extremely annoying to be subscribed to if one would get an e-mail on each post. Some days 70 posts can go just like woooooshhhh.
                This will annoy both the receiver, the Server and the mail server.
                Possible solutions at present is that one would be able to (as Administrator) configure how mailing is done / Forum. 1 Mail on each new post or 2. Mail at end of day.
                Alternatively one select this at the time one subscribe to the thread.
                I'll have to think a little while for which way to go...
                But subscribe to threads will be in on the new release!!!

Mats
                HTGuide
                Mats
                Mats Strömberg
                Ah! It's a profit deal! Takes the pressure off! Get your weight guessed right here! Only a buck! Actual live weight guessing! Take a chance and win some crap!
                Navin R Johnson (alias Steve Martin)

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"