X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Basically I can't post

Well I don't know what's going on with the new server, but ever since the change it been almost impossible for me to access Ht-Guide, let alone post anything.

This problem exists only with HT-Guide. Any other forum loads without problem. But the Guide, if the site loads at all it so sloooooow. Like using a landline with a 14.4kbps connection. Most of the time I can get the main page to load but it basically stops loading after that. I spent 30 minutes last night trying to post this message and couldn't.

As a result my ability to post is virtually nonexistant.........sorry

theAudioWorx
    Klone-Audio

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

thats weird b/c for me its running great...

Comment

• Lex
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Apr 2001

Thomas, I have no idea what's up here. It sounds like your still on the split server deal, but I that went away already. Your ISP must have a problem or someone down the line from you.

Try pulling up a DOS session and doing a tracert on www.htguide.com See what it says.

Oh, the other thing that COULD have had impact was the CODE RED virus. I think it did have impact at 8:00/on EST. My access was very slow at times. Today, it's fine.

Cable Guy DVD Collection
      Doug
      "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• ThomasW
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Doug

I replied to your email but it was returned as undeliverable.

I've changed ISP's and the problem continues.

I can sometimes access the Guide, but the speeds continue so slow it's occasionally taking 60sec for one page to load. Each successive page loads slower than the previous one. I can't access TTP at all and haven't been able to do so since the server change. The strange part is that I have no problems accessing any other forums.

I'll continue trouble shooting to see if I can identify the problem. But until something changes I have very limited ability to post.

theAudioWorx
        Klone-Audio

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Lex
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Apr 2001

Thomas, please send mail to info@catcables.com

If that bounces, you got a big problem. Totally different server, ISP, location, you name it.

I think the problem has to be this new ISP basically. No one else is complaining about anything. :?

Keep me posted..
          Doug
          Doug

Comment

• ThomasW
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

Have gone back to my old ISP, things are better. The HT-Guide still loads weird though, the deeper I go into a thread the longer the page takes to load. So naturally posting takes the longest. But things are significantly improved from 2 weeks ago

Am noticing that boards that use certain software load at different speeds. Now the slowest forum is AV Science.

Ahhh the mysteries of the internet

theAudioWorx
            Klone-Audio

IB subwoofer FAQ page

Comment

• Lex
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Apr 2001

Thomas, glad your back! Sometimes, the grass isn't greener on the other side of the hill.

Regarding forum speed, there's really several variables:

1. line speed in and out of forum ISP along with server your running on and whether dedicated.
              2. Your path to and from that ISP.
              3. Forum software being used and the degree of customization utilzed. AVS is at the top of the list in customization. htguide is near the bottom.
              4. amount of competitive traffic. (others trying to access same thing as you.
              5. Of course, your download speed, which can really be the most important variable of all since usually your PC and ISP are the ultimate bottleneck.

Glad your back. Now if we could just get some of the others back and posting. Things are so quite right now.

Cable Guy DVD Collection
              Doug

Comment

• ThomasW
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2000

Lex

My changing ISP's wasn't a matter of choice. PSI network went bankrupt. That was my ISP's connection to the net. As a result they (my ISP ) shutdown the network I was on. I moved to the ISP provided by DirecPC and it was the worst ISP I've ever used. So temporarily I'm back on the old network. Will move to a new network on the old ISP on Sept 1st.

My DirecPC download speed is approx 500+Kbps. But that had no impact on the speed the forum webpages loaded. I could grab and download files all day at the 500+Kbps speed. But the forum webpages themselves were continuing to load at a snails pace.

But as I said things are back to normal now

theAudioWorx
                Klone-Audio

IB subwoofer FAQ page

Comment

• Mats
                  Special Member
                  • Jun 2000

A comment on the TTP thread and speed...
                  Right now we have an extreme Picture posting event going on over at the TTP which is OK but it does LAG the forum quite a bit. This said it isn't really our server that is slow but lot's of other servers that host all these pictures and your browser are picking up the picture directly from theese servers and not for the HTGuide server, since we don't have them uploaded here... Still TTP can be slow on some pages. We'äve seen Trevor fill his pool, get into the pool, swim a few rounds and then call the pool company to come over and clean the pool for him during the last few days :B
                  So, that was my little defence speach for the new server Hope your new ISP will open up a devoted line over to us for you

Mats
                  HTGuide
                  Mats
                  Mats Strömberg
                  Ah! It's a profit deal! Takes the pressure off! Get your weight guessed right here! Only a buck! Actual live weight guessing! Take a chance and win some crap!
                  Navin R Johnson (alias Steve Martin)

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"