X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theMaximus
    • Jul 2004

Taking Lives

Pretty nice movie overall. I had not seen it at the movie theater, but I must say they must have done a pretty good job with transfer on DVD. It had a few scenes that had good surround steering and SQ in general was fairly good. PQ was good with picture appearing very vivid rather than natural (film-like).

I dont want to go into details as far as the plots are concerned, but considering "cops chasing serial killer" has been beaten to death over the years, plot was relatively creative. Angelina Jollie is the second hottest actress in my book (after Charlize Theron), it was worth the money to rent. I rented the unrated version at Block Buster, and the movie had some really graphic scenes (I don't know how the unrated version compares to the rated version). It had a pretty intense scene where AJ gets naked, which is always a good thing
    Victory Shall Be Mine!!! :heh:
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to BestBuy I go. . . . :B

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

I am eager to see this one, and eager to see MORE of AJ of course.
      My Homepage!

Comment

• aud19
        Twin Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2003

Hmmm naked AJ eh.... Sounds like it's worth the rental fee to me!!! :B :P

Good to hear it's actually decent too, looked interesting but as you say this "genre" has been beaten to death a bit so I was a little concerned. Sounds like a good one for this weekend :T

Jason
        Jason

Comment

• DSGCobra
          • Feb 2003

She gets naked??? Sweet. <going to best buy tomorrow>

Comment

• theMaximus
            • Jul 2004

Make sure to get the unrated version. :T
            Victory Shall Be Mine!!! :heh:

Comment

• JOY DIVISION
              • Aug 2004

Pretty bent on the ending never saw that coming.

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Jan 2001

Okay, I watched this over the weekend. AJ is an FBI profiler brought to Montreal to help find a serial killer. This is one nasty dude who murders people , then assumes their identity. It also stars Ethan Hawke as the artist who becomes involved with Angelina. But thats about as much as I can say without ruining it for others. Suffice to say, for me anyway, I was a little let down. Probably because I saw where the plot was going early on. But still, I found it entertaining because I like these types of stories. The scene where AJ gets nekkid with Ethan is quite hot. But overall, I wouldn't recommend it as a buy. Worth a rental ? Sure.
                My Homepage!

Comment

• David Meek
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Aug 2000

Thanks for the heads-up George. I didn't make it to BB, so I'll rent it first. :T

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"