X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Psycho DVD

So last night my GF and I decided to share the original Psycho with our 13 year old daughter, well my step-daughter. Sure initially she balked at the idea of watching a dumb, old movie and oh my god it's black and white! 8O All black and white movies are dumb!

But you should have seen her about 15 minutes in to it, and that was before any of the creepy stuff even starts! Sitting quietly, watching intently :B Then the creepy stuff starts and she holding her blanket a little tighter :lol: At the end of the movie she commented that it was a "creepy movie" but seemd to no longer think it was a dumb old black and white movie :T :lol:

It's nice when you can show the attention deficit generation how good some old stuff actually is and have them actually appreciate it

Jason
    Jason
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Yeah that was some kind of movie, wasn't it. Actually it was the beginning of all those so-called slasher flicks like Friday The 13th, Halloween, etc., etc. But none of them ever came close to Psycho in my opinion.
    My Homepage!

Comment

• John Holmes
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Hahahahaha, great story Jason! :rofl:
      "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• aud19
        Twin Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2003

One very strange thing that Jazz and I both noticed was that Anthony Perkins (Norman Bates)

looks eerily like and even has some of the mannerisms as Will and Grace's Eric McCormack 8O

Or I guess it would be more correct to say Eric McCormack reminded us a lot of Anthony Perkins, at least his character in Psycho...

:lol:
        Jason
        Jason

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"