Need to pick a screen can you help

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • macvidguy
    Junior Member
    • Dec 2004
    • 20

    #1

    Need to pick a screen can you help

    Hey all,
    Pretty new to this, but info here is awesome.

    The problem:
    Need to pick a screen and there are so many types, sizes, finishes, etc.

    The Purpose:
    Finishing the basement and have a NEC MT840 (don't laugh, it was free).
    I want to Futureproof. I am assuming once I have swallowed construction bills and all a year from now I will get a BFP with the right interfaces, HD, and widescreen formats.

    Environment:
    Basement, very little natural light since new bedrooms will be blocking light
    Ceiling mount Front Projection
    Wall to wall (sans framing and drywall) 17 Feet, so figuring about 15 feet screen to couch seat.

    Requirements:
    Regular TV and DVD now with NEC (supports 16:9 ratio, but only 800X600)
    Prep for HDTV projector in near future
    Thinking Value ($1000)
    Don't care about Masking

    So...what do you think?
    Thanks in advance, sorry for being long.
    Mac
    Thanks in Advance,
    Mac.
    8O
  • macvidguy
    Junior Member
    • Dec 2004
    • 20

    #2
    Forgot one thing...speakers behind the screen?

    The wife wants the speakers built in or little tiny ones. What do you do for the center. Way up high, way down low...or through?

    Thanks, Mac.
    Thanks in Advance,
    Mac.
    8O

    Comment

    Related Topics

    Collapse

    • George Bellefontaine
      My NEC HT1000 is up and running
      by George Bellefontaine
      I received my PJ Monday and toyed with various settings last night and watched some scenes from various dvds and finally an entire movie.

      First I used Avia to properly set brightness, contrast, color and hue. I then used some picture settings suggested by another owner who seems to have...
      07 May 2003, 11:37 Wednesday
    • JonMarsh
      Building a new DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) based around 2014 Mac Pro
      by JonMarsh
      As I mentioned recently in another post I'm putting together a new DAW (well, actually it will be used for more than that, but the DAW aspect is a big part of the configuration choice, particularly as regards storage and connectivity).


      Because of the extensive experience I have with...
      21 December 2013, 12:54 Saturday
    • JonMarsh
      Carada Screen for my A/V setup
      by JonMarsh
      Hi Guys and Gals,

      After buying my NEC-9PG+ projector, I knew I needed an upgrade to my screen system. My screen started out as a wall hanging Oak frame with bright white formica over an HDF sheet; this was later modified to a roll around format on a stand, for flexibilty. This was necessary...
      28 May 2004, 10:45 Friday
    • photoman
      Rotel & Mac Mini's work pretty well together
      by photoman
      Finally got around to hooking up my Mac mini to the home entertainment system. I used the cable with a mini-rc to optical and connected right to an optical in on the 1068. My music is ripped via Apple's lossless compression. I used iTunes and it sounds pretty darned good for what it is... I was amazed...
      27 April 2006, 19:48 Thursday
    • Mazeroth
      Need some help with the planning of my basement theater (IB)
      by Mazeroth
      I am in the process of designing our finished basement which will house my small theater. The bummer with the layout of the basement is that the steps are in the center which makes for two small rooms to the sides of it instead of the option of having a larger room. This is the only place I can really...
      04 May 2008, 21:57 Sunday
    • Loading...
    • No more items.
    Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

      Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

      Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"