• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gordon Moore
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Feb 2002

Revolutions by X-Mas??? Not in a way you would hope

From JoBlo.com:

If you've already handed mom and dad your Christmas list for this year, you might want to prepare an appendix to add to your original list. It seems Warner Bros. may rush THE MATRIX REVOLUTIONS onto DVD in a 3-disc box-set just in time for Christmas. A source for FilmForce revealed the home entertainment division of the studio called major retailers on Monday to inform them REVOLUTIONS could be on its way early January or possibly in time for Christmas. It was also hinted that the studio may forgo releasing a standalone REVOLUTIONS DVD at this time and may instead release a trilogy box-set. FilmForce's source, a video dealer who spoke anonymously, said "Warners is afraid that REVOLUTIONS won't sell very well because of the word of mouth on the movie. The only way to make the money on sell-through is to package it with the other two." When Warner Home Video was contacted regarding the news, they would not confirm anything other to say that a meeting regarding REVOLUTIONS on DVD was held on Monday. Since the holiday season is already upon us, expect an announcement soon if Warners tries to sneak REVOLUTIONS in for Christmas.
    Interesting...I have the first but I could probably sell it (for the 15 buxs I paid) and get the box set.

A box only set is interesting for someone like me....but a 3 disc only????

Wasn't reloaded a 2-disc special?

Where's the Matrix, re-visited, animatrix, Reloaded, Revolutions plus 8 th or 9 th bonus disc uber set that we know will eventually come?

"A RONSTER!"
    Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Yup. I loved the first one, and bought it as my first DVD. Then after the 2nd, I bought it to watch thoroughly before the third came out. But all along, I've assumed that a trilogy ultra-pack will be released, and I'll definitely be buying it. I'll bypass this first release of Revolutions and just buy the set. (but only because I want the set, otherwise I would have no problem buying the third movie on DVD, unlike what was reported about bad info being spread "by word of mouth")

This trilogy pack better have DTS (ES if possible) and multiple discs with extras. Yeah, Gord, I think it would be great if they added the Animatrix to it as well.

Similar thing with Lord of the Rings. I'm waiting to buy them until the ultra-trilogy set is released, which I hope will happen.

CHRIS
    Luke: "Hey, I'm not such a bad pilot myself, you know"
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

I own the first one but havne't purchased the second one yet so this isn't bad news for me since like Gord says I should be able to sell the first one fairly easily.

Comment

• Brandon B
        Super Senior Member
        • Jun 2001

Originally posted by Chris Dotur
        Similar thing with Lord of the Rings. I'm waiting to buy them until the ultra-trilogy set is released, which I hope will happen.
        Jackson and New Line have said that the 6 releases are all that are planned, no EE Boxed super trilogy will be forthcoming.

BB

Comment

• DSGCobra
          • Feb 2003

Thats crap I own the first two and would never consider buying the box set just to get the third. If thats the only way it comes out I may have to try my hand at shop lifting.

Comment

• Sonnie Parker
            • Jan 2002

lol dsgcobra...

I think it s*x myself. I also bought the first two and should deserve to purchase a standalone third at the same time anyone else does.

IT'S DISCRIMINATION... I'M SUING WARNER BROS.!!!!!!!

(j/k of course)

I'll not buy Revolutions until it becomes available by itself.

SONNIE

Cedar Creek Cinema

DVD Collection

BFD Comprehensive Setup Guide

Comment

• Burke Strickland
              • Sep 2001

Having already purchased "The Matrix" and "The Matrix Reloaded" DVDs, unless Carrie-Anne Moss delivered it to my door herself and "stayed for dinner" (wink, wink), there's no way in hell I'd repurchase those two just to be able to add a copy of "The Matrix Revolutions" to my collection. If and when they sell it separately, I'll settle for a good discount on the price as the threshold for a purchase (although if Carrie-Anne wants to bring it on by, I won't say "no".) :>)

Burke

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• audunth
                • Sep 2003

I agree completely! It's Über-Bullshit to release the third movie only as part of a box set when they know that almost all of the fans already own the first two! If that's the case I'll get a pirated one instead and tell Warner to shove their box-set where the sun don't shine

Regards,
                Audun
                Regards,
                Audun

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"