X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ht_addict
    • Dec 2002

Finding Nemo

I just picked this DVD up today. Hope to watch it Sunday after my Indy Trilogy. Will report back Sunday night with a review.

ht_addict
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

I didn't think it was out yet?

Comment

• ht_addict
      • Dec 2002

Originally posted by Andrew Pratt
      I didn't think it was out yet?
      I know a place that gets videos early since they ship worldwide. In store they leave it on the counter as if they are tagging them up but if you ask they will sell you one. Usually a couple bucks more than FS but also 2-3wks early.

ht_addict

Comment

• ht_addict
        • Dec 2002

Just got finished watching the movie. Pixar has done it again with their transfers. Video is top notch though I did notice what looked like a halo around the fish at times(like a cut and paste but you have too much boarder). The audio will definitely test the limits of your setup;b>'>. Very effective use of all 5.1 channels with bass that will knock your socks off:blowup:. Definitely a must by for the collection. :T :T One word of caution, this movies does have some scary and sad sequences that may tug at the emotions of the kids.

ht_addict

Comment

• Chris D
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Dec 2000

Wow, yeah I think this one is due out Nov 4th. I've had it on pre-order for quite some time, and I never even saw it in the theaters. I guess I won't be the first one to post a review! But it's good to hear that it's a worthy owning piece!

CHRIS
          Luke: "Hey, I'm not such a bad pilot myself, you know"
          CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
          - Pleasantville

Comment

• Burke Strickland
            • Sep 2001

When I saw this one in the commercial theater, I thought "this should make one heck of a DVD!" -- looks like it's a "keeper". :>)
            Originally posted by Chris Dotur
            I've had it on pre-order for quite some time, and I never even saw it in the theaters.
            From what you've told us about other movies that you've liked over the years, I don't think you'll be disappointed. Finding Nemo will be especially impressive when you fire up that projector -- the wash of brilliant sea colors is really something on a big screen, when properly presented. (At the commercial theater, for the first ten minutes, they still had the house lights on and the colors were washed out. When they finally dimmed the lights -- WOW! The colors and images really popped off the screen -- almost like 3-D without the klunky glasses.)

Burke

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• Dean McManis
              Moderator Emeritus
              • May 2003

Thanks for the preview. I also expected that (like other Pixar animated movies on DVD) that Nemo would look stunning at home, and I'm really looking forward to getting this DVD when it comes out next week.

-Dean.

Comment

• Burke Strickland
                • Sep 2001

If you didn't preorder via an online source and want to buy locally instead of mail order, the Finding Nemo DVD is available at:

Best Buy for $15.99 USD

Circuit City for $14.99 USD -- along with a "Finding Nemo" mouse pad ("while supplies last" -- about 30 per store -- the store I went to about an hour after opening was already out of them and they were offering three "free" months of AOL instead)

WalMart for $14.87 USD -- along with a "free" CD-ROM with puzzles and games ("while supplies last" -- but it looked like every copy in the display had the bonus disc).

And some other places for $19.99....

The two disc set is the same regardless of where you get it or what you pay for it, but the "extras" added by the retailers may tip the scales for some people.

Enjoy!

Burke

PS -- I saw the above prices posted in stores I was in today, Tuesday, November 4, 2003, in Houston, Texas, USA.

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• Dean McManis
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • May 2003

Yeah, I picked up my Nemo DVD today at Fry's electronics for $14.99.
                  Both the picture and sound quality were excellent (as with other Pixar DVDs). I was going to just take a peek at the DVD, but I ended up watching the whole movie.

-Dean.

Comment

• Trevor Schell
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Aug 2000

I picked up Finding Nemo yesterday!
                    We wil likely be watching it tonight.
                    Can't wait!

We seen it in the Theater with the kids and all loved it!
                    Excellent movie! :yesnod:

Trevor
                    My HomeTheater S.E.
                    Sonically Enhanced
                    C5
                    Trevor

XBOX 360 CARD

Comment

• Chris D
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Dec 2000

Here's a news article about Finding Nemo. Apparently it sold 8 million copies the first day, shattering the previous record of Monster, Inc selling 5 million. Wow!

CHRIS
                      CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• David Meek
                        Moderator Emeritus
                        • Aug 2000

Wow! 8 million times an average price of $15 US, comes out to $120 million. Ka CHING! ;x(

David - HTGuide flunky
                        Our "Theater"
                        Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• justin
                          • Feb 2003

I saw from msn.com that finding Nemo brought in more than spiderman on the first day of dvd release. 8 million wow

Jus

Taking it one day at a time. Life moves quick.
                          Jus

Taking it one day at a time. Life moves quick.

Comment

• Chris D
                            Moderator Emeritus
                            • Dec 2000

Well, I watched this last night. Great, entertaining flick! I laughed myself silly at several spots, especially at some of Ellen's lines. (Dora)

As others have posted, FANTASTIC picture! I played this on my 42" plasma, output from a Bravo D1 DVD player over DVI at 1080i. The colors and detail were stunning! Definitely a new reference-level disc for pictures and screen shots.

CHRIS
                            CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                              Moderator Emeritus
                              • Aug 2000

We watched it last night and I agree the transfer looks great..the colours are so vivid and tha bass when that girl taps on the fish tank is awesome. All in all I don't think its as strong a movie as some of the other pixar efforts but its still a great addition to my collection

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎
                              Searching...Please wait.
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                              There are no results that meet this criteria.
                              Search Result for "|||"