X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

DVD packaging

I've got to rant for a second here--I just opened up my new copy of Pearl Harbor. ($.49 from Columbia House) I just about broke the DVD disc trying to get it out of the holder! The center post was so tight, and had no pushbutton center to reduce the pressure holding the disc, that I could not get the disc off. If I had pulled just a bit harder on the disc edge I seriously would have just snapped it off. What I ended up doing (taking WAY more time than it should have) was lift one edge of the disc, and spin it repeatedly around the post, making a somewhat corkscrew action to spin it off the post, not lift it off. Sheesh... that just bugs me.

I don't really like the DVD cases that have a cardboard outside with a plastic lip that clicks into place holding the front cardboard piece in place, (i.e. the Matrix) but it doesn't overly bother me.

A few DVD's I've bought comes with a piece of paper that doesn't fit INSIDE the case, and I've got to either fold it in half to put it inside, or keep it loose with the case in my storage shelf. (i.e. Terminator 2 Ultimate Edition, with the metal sheath)

Comments?

CHRIS
    Luke: "Hey, I'm not such a bad pilot myself, you know"
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Yeah, Chris, I've run into a few like that.

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!

Comment

• Lex
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Apr 2001

Some of those cases sure can get a grip! I know I've bent some discs like crazy trying to free the grip. Rediculous that they'd let a product out like that.

Lex
      Doug
      "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Brandon B
        Super Senior Member
        • Jun 2001

The ones that really piss me off have 4 depressions around the disk in theory to grab the disk when it ie released, but then have a plastic lip INSIDE those that is constant height all the way around so you CAN'T get the edge of the disk even after your release the center thingy!

KILL! SMASH! Bet Bruce Banner doesn't have any like that (any more).

BB

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"