X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ovation
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

Trespass Against Us

Another Netflix streaming title. Small-scale British film about an Irish itinerant gang of thieves living in campers in the English countryside. Michael Fassbender and Brendan Gleeson lend their acting talents to this quirky movie. Reviews are mixed (some REALLY HATED it--others find it decent but flawed (as I do) with varying rates of approval). Need a good ear for Anglo-Irish slang and accents--NOT a "posh British" movie with the Queen's English. Worth a look if this kind of film appeals to you. Not something I'd revisit, though. (Lots of foul language--it's a Brit film).
  • Alaric
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Jan 2006

About the Travellers?
    Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
    Marantz PM-KI Pearl
    Schiit Modi 3
    Marantz CD5005
    Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• Ovation
      Super Senior Member
      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Alaric
      About the Travellers?
      I was not familiar with the term, so I looked it up--it appears to apply (though they make no explicit reference to the term). I'm guessing it would be recognizable to UK inhabitants just as something like the Appalachian setting of Winter Bone would be far more familiar to Americans than to English speaking populations from other countries.

Comment

• Alaric
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Jan 2006

The Travellers are equivalent to the Romani, sort of the Western European Gypsies (Except Gypsies are actually Romani).
        Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
        Marantz PM-KI Pearl
        Schiit Modi 3
        Marantz CD5005
        Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"