• Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Shanghai Knights

Corny - Yup
    Silly dialog - Yup
    Typical Jackie Chan fight scenes - Yup
    Predictable story line - Yup

So what did I think? Well if you've seen a Jacki Chan film you know exactly what you're going to get and he delivers in this one. I'm not sure its quite as good as the first film with Owen Wilson but its good enough to recomend if you like his films. Jackie's obviously getting older and you can see it in the fight scenes as they're not quite as acrobatic as his earlier films but considering he still does his own stunts and he's not a spring chicken he's still an amazing guy:T

The story centers around Jackie and his sister with Owen's help travel to England to avenge the murder of Jackie's father in China. They introduce a lot of famous characters like Jake the Ripper and other notable literary characters more often then not its a bit of a groaner how they're all included but on the other hand some of them are pretty subtle.

Anyway as I said above if you like other Jacki Chan movies you'll likely enjoy this one as well...its worth a rental at the very least

• George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

I haven't seen this one yet, but I liked their first one together well enough to buy it, and will probably do the same here.

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!

Comment

• Danbry39
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Sep 2002

Thanks for the review. I really enjoyed the first one. From the reviews, kind of felt this wouldn't be quite as good, but, hey, I have fun watching Jackie, so I'll rent it for sure. Owen and Jackie play off each other well.

Keith
      Keith

Comment

• Uncle Clive
        Former Moderator
        • Jan 2002

Have not seen any of them yet but sure interested. Seems like a one timer.

CLIVE

HEY!! Why buy movie tickets when you can own a Theater?
        CLIVE

HEY!! Why buy movie tickets when you can own a Theater?

Comment

• Aeromos
          • Jun 2003

I watched it at the drive-in. Like most sequels, it wasn't as good as the first one. It normally wouldn't warrant a purchase but I will probably buy it for the collection and since I have the first one.

Aeromos
          Enjoy life, it's too short to waste!!
          My Collection
          Aeromos
          Enjoy life, it's too short to waste!!
          My Collection

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2001

I rewatched Shanghai Noon last night. It was funnier than the first time I watched it. I'm gonna pick up Shanghai Knights this week.

My Homepage!
            My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"