• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • madmac
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2010

"Treme" TV series on DVD

Treme

I stumbled (It always happens this way!!) upon this series on dvd at my local library the other day and immediately started gobbling it up. Set in New Orleans shortly after the hurricane and flood, various characters try to re-build up their lives and start over.

What really makes this series shine is the music! Crank it up while watching this show as the music is fabulous. Music plays a major role in this series. If you like horns, you will love this! The first series stutters a little in plot but the music saves it. It picks up nicely at the end of the first series and it all starts to come together.

Well filmed, well shot and extremely entertaining musically. If you haven't seen this one yet, check it out for the music lover in you.

Show 7/10 stars (Excellent video quality in full 16:9)
    Music 9.5/ 10 (Dolby digital......excellent audio)

Enjoy ! :T
    Dan Madden :T
  • bigburner
    Super Senior Member
    • May 2005

That looks like a good recommendation thanks Dan.

Nigel.

Comment

• madmac
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2010

Originally posted by bigburner
      That looks like a good recommendation thanks Dan.

Nigel.
      I can recommend it even more now that I'm into the 3rd season. Some of the best New Orleans jazz and blues I've heard in a long time !! The character development has progressed nicely as well. Too bad it only lasted 4 seasons..........

Comment

• Ovation
        Super Senior Member
        • Sep 2004

On a very long list of things to watch. Particularly since I've been to New Orleans (August 2014).

Comment

• madmac
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Ovation
          On a very long list of things to watch. Particularly since I've been to New Orleans (August 2014).
          Move it to your short list if you love good jazz, great stories and character development. This series is now on my top 5 list of shows I've ever seen !!!

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"