X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Mistress America 7/10

This started off badly. It felt like an immature 80's movie, soundtrack included about people I wouldn't and couldn't care about. Almost turned it off.

But as unlikable (at least to me) as the Brooke character especially is initially, she, Tracy and the movie begin to grow on you until the substance sneaks up on you.

I don't know how much I agree withe the genre classification of 'Comedy' for it, as most of the laughing I did was either of the awkward or 'laughing at, not with' variety. And even those moments didn't occur often enough IMO to classify it as such. But as interesting character drama about two very different but similarly 'lost while finding their way' young women with some humorous moments, it's pretty decent and if nothing else, interesting.

And the two female leads are exceedingly well acted.
    Jason
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"