The Martian

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • wkhanna
    Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006
    • 5674

    #1

    The Martian

    This has already been reviewed here: Link to "At The Movies and on TV"

    saw this last night with The Wife (rented from Comlast for $5.99)

    this film exemplifies Hollywood at its best (which is not necessarily meant as a compliment).

    current technology in CG is used at its best.
    good script, good acting, typical plot.
    no blatant omissions despite a few minor errors in the true physics of outer-space.

    we enjoyed it.
    similar to Gravity, also a good movie imho.
    _


    Bill

    Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
    ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

    FinleyAudio

Related Topics

Collapse

  • Ovation
    The Martian
    by Ovation
    If it's still at a local cinema, I recommend seeing it on a big screen (unless you have a quite large one at home). Took my daughter to see it last week and we both enjoyed it quite a bit. If you liked Gravity you should enjoy this one as well. Not a philosophical musing on "out there" but...
    20 November 2015, 10:44 Friday
  • madmac
    "Gravity" and the Oscars
    by madmac
    :roll:

    As much as my daughter and I enjoyed the movie "Gravity", the film SHOULD NOT win an Oscar for best picture, let alone even be nominated. To nominate that film for best picture is a new low for Oscar and the film industry in general. The only redeeming quality of this...
    01 March 2014, 10:05 Saturday
  • JonMarsh
    Jonatha Brooke- you *should* know who she is...
    by JonMarsh
    I'm always on the lookout for interesting new music, but it's not very often I find an accomplished artist with as deep a repetoire as Jonatha Brooke, that somehow I've never stumbled across.

    A friend from Missouri out here on business brought one of her early CD's "Grace in Gravity"...
    16 March 2002, 20:14 Saturday
  • rdrowley
    Tritrix TL and Ported Project - Mission Accomplished!
    by rdrowley
    I have been researching and trying to choose a set of speakers to build for some time. I finally decided to go with the Tritrix. I made this decision for several reasons. First, the price was right for me to buy six of them (because what's the point if you can't get as many as you really want), and...
    29 September 2010, 07:47 Wednesday
  • DocNice
    Statements II Build Thread
    by DocNice
    Starting my Statements build early. By early, I mean I don't have enough money to finish them. But I should have the money sometime in the next few months, so why not start now? My plan: Build the cabinets. Then veneer. Then do the crossovers. Attach the front. And get the drivers.

    Budget:...
    05 September 2016, 01:01 Monday
  • Loading...
  • No more items.
Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

    Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

    Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"