What have you watched lately on DVD or Blu-Ray?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

What have you watched lately on DVD or Blu-Ray?

So, what have you watched lately on DVD or BD? 3D?

Feel free to add movie channel selections here too, or Netflix, Hulu, Prime...

Let's see who's watching what!

I'll start.
    Saturday night I had movie night, and watched movies until 3:00 AM. I watched a somewhat eclectic mix of films over the weekend:

1. 5th Element on BD upconverted to 4K. (4K Unconversion test) I may own this one on HDDVD too, have to check it.
    2. Rumor Has it. (Jennifer Anniston, Kevin Costner) BD upconverted to 4K
    3. Juno on BD upconverted to 4K
    4. Jason Stahern in Transporter 3 on BD upconverted to 4K That freckled red head is slutty hot. lol.
    5. 27 Dresses. (was thinking about giving this to my daughter, so I thought I'd spin it once more.) Katherine Hiegel is the only thing that saves this movie from being 1 star, IMO. I'll give it 2 for Katherine.
    6. The Italian Job on BD. I also own it on HDDVD, lol. Because I could.
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

I've been on a Law & Order marathon lately. If I ever need a show to just get hooked on and pass the time, it's those series.
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• madmac
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2010

Just spun this again yesterday afternoon and although the video is low Fi.......the DTS sound that comes off of this disc NEVER fails to impress !! LOVE IT !!
      Dan Madden :T

Comment

• Ovation
        Super Senior Member
        • Sep 2004

Been compiling a documentary list in preparation for the new semester (deciding what to use in class).

Ken Burns' The West, a CBC history series on Canadian history (the episodes on Amerindians) and The Gatekeepers (interviews with all the surviving former leaders of Israeli security service Shin Bet) are on my immediate list. I'm teaching Native American History and Modern Middle Eastern History this semester.

Comment

• Kevin P
          • Aug 2000

Last 3 movies: A Little Piece of Heaven (BD), Frozen (BD) and National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation (DVD).

Comment

• Ovation
            Super Senior Member
            • Sep 2004

I watched the first Fast and Furious movie recently. Got the six film box set really cheaply on BD. Will review them when I'm done.

Comment

• KyleDugger
              • Aug 2008

The Edge of Tomorrow. Just rented the blu-ray. During the opening credits there is a super loud super unexpected low frequency hit that makes my Tuba HT bottom out at nominal listening levels. My Tuba HT never bottoms out. It was a rental so I haven't had a chance to re-watch that section but its kind of bugging me that it did that. But the movie was pretty good. It definitely sparked some conversations about how you approach people and problems makes all the difference. And maybe just maybe a coward can grow into a hero.

Comment

• madmac
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2010

Originally posted by KyleDugger
                The Edge of Tomorrow. Just rented the blu-ray. During the opening credits there is a super loud super unexpected low frequency hit that makes my Tuba HT bottom out at nominal listening levels. My Tuba HT never bottoms out. It was a rental so I haven't had a chance to re-watch that section but its kind of bugging me that it did that. But the movie was pretty good. It definitely sparked some conversations about how you approach people and problems makes all the difference. And maybe just maybe a coward can grow into a hero.
                Hi Kyle........define "Bottom out"
                Dan Madden :T

Comment

• Ovation
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Sep 2004

I was very happy to have upgraded to my SVS PB2000 before watching that movie as I'm not sure my old sub would have dealt with it very well. The two of them together did so with no problem, however.

Comment

• Chris D
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Dec 2000

Loved that movie for many reasons. Will be a purchase for me. I plan on reading its original book and other literature like it. Wasn't really original, but I really enjoyed it.
                    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
                    - Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"