X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • madmac
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2010

"The Good Wife" DVD series

Just started spinning this series and I really like it. It has an interesting title that to some could be a bit misleading as to the series major content. This is largely a Lawyer driven series with lots of courtroom drama. Where this series shines is in it's character development. The main character Julianna Margulies (aka...the good wife) also was the main character in one of those ER dramas....not sure if it was "ER" or "Grays Amatomy". She does a great job in this series as a prominent Lawyer in a large firm and her estranged relationship with her philandering husband (Chris Noth) who has the reputation of having a 'wandering eye'. Yet despite this wandering eye, she apparently tends to still stick by him (Hence, the good wife?!!)

I enjoy watching this series and every episode manages to keep me very entertained. I'm one series 4 now and intend to watch this series to it's conclusion. 8/10 stars for a well done series! :T
    Dan Madden :T
  • Ovation
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

She was a nurse in ER and the main "love interest" for George Clooney's character therein.

Never watched this show. Have heard good things about it, but it seemed similar to other shows I already watched and I've got too many things on the go already. But given the way Netflix keeps accumulating TV shows, I may get around to this at some point. Glad you're enjoying it.

Comment

• Lex
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Apr 2001

Is this series wrapped? I never saw it on TV, never watched it that I am aware of. It's funny how you can have a set schedule and things completely fly under your radar... I heard this show mentioned on a comedy I have mindlessly been watching about like an Irish family. Has one old time actress in it, oh shoot, the Mccarthys or something like that. It's been at least somewhat entertaining, well she often speaks of the Good Wife, her and her gay son always watch it together supposedly. Well, that's my extent of knowledge of the Good Wife other than this synopsis here. I used to watch ER some in the early days with Cloony and Noah wiley (I think that's right). One of the nurse regulars of ER showed up on a Showtime series this year, very limited part though, she was rather attractive in ER days. I can't recall her name. She still looks pretty good. Actually, I always thought she was pretty hot early on, heh. She was also one of the most enduring characters of ER. I think. Well, maybe someone knows who I am speaking of, even if that is off course for this thread.

I am not sure I remember this actress, I might if I saw more than a 75 pixel image of her, lol.
      Doug
      "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Ovation
        Super Senior Member
        • Sep 2004

The show is still on, though it might be the last season (planned, not simply canceled). Don't know for sure though.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"