X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bing Fung
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Aug 2000

Excellent Xbox Review @ Tom's

I just finished reading the review at Tom's Hardware Guide. He takes a good look at the Xbox in a technical way. Though not as detailed technically as AnandTech, Tom does look at the Xbox indepth in a way that covers what Anandtech may not have.

It's a good read.......

Tom's Review of the Xbox

Bing
    Bing
  • SiliGoose
    • Aug 2000

I don't know...I kind of agree with many of the folks over at the HTF about this article. It really reads like a Microsoft promotional campaign.

That's really not too surprising considering Tom's one-sided stance in the video card battle (he's a noted fan of nVidia...some say they pay him). I still use the site for general info but take everything with a grain of salt...even his motherboard reviews 'feel' biased.

-Sili
    www.campmurphy.net

Comment

• Bing Fung
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Aug 2000

I have to admit that I though it was a glowing review and MS had paid him off for it. However most of what he stated is very creditable and plausable. To that I think it is an honest evaluation. So many times the Xbox is compared to a PC which is like comparing apples to oranges.

People like to gripe about the memory size, this or that, things that would cripple a PC. However Tom lays it out that in the fixed architecture of a console, most of those things don't matter. It comes down to the programing.

I applaude him for his stance in that regard.

In the end I agree with most of what was presented, biases or not

Bing
      Bing

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"