X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Ain't Them Bodies Saints

This is a crime/drama light on plot, but strong on character. Affleck is an outlaw and after he takes the rap for his pregnant girlfriend( Rooney Mara ) for shooting a sheriff's deputy ( Ben Foster ), he is imprisoned. The story involves his escape from prison and the long trek home to be reunited with his girl friend and the child he has never seen. Throughout all this , Ben Foster falls for Affleck's girl, and though you'd expect this to lead to that climatic moment when Affleck and Foster come face to face, that never happens . How the movie ends is a real downer, but for me the whole movie was a downer, and though I usually accept the slow pace of character driven films, this one was just too slow for my taste. If you like character driven films, I wouldn't suggest you avoid this one, because it does have some excellent acting, but I suggest you be prepared for a very depressing experience.
    My Homepage!
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"