X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • madmac
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2010

"Inside Llewyn Davis" - Review

Disclaimer!!. I like folk music and that whole 1960's folk craze that happened at that time. This Coen Bros movie is about that and poor Davis's attempts to make it in that music Biz. He's somewhat down on himself which makes his journey difficult. He's living out of a suitcase with his guitar in tow and staying wherever he can flop.

Filmed in what looks like a cross between black and white and color.......but not quite color, this film really captures what it might have been like to live in those days. The music is fabulous and our main character (Oscar Isaak) is a very talented singer/acoustic guitarist. That's pretty much it. There is no 'real' ending to this film. All the acting and characters are well done and totally believable except for maybe Justin Timberlake, who in my opinion does not fit (Vocally wise) and is a bit annoying. His role is thankfully small in this film.

This film is more of a journey than that of a typical film with a climax and conclusion. It merely happens.....but it is entertaining nonetheless. The only advice I could give is to watch this if you like the folk music of the 60's. If not, this movie might disappoint.

7/10 stars for an entertaining film :T

ps....coming up a review of "The Book thief" !!
    Dan Madden :T
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Agreed, Dan.
    My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"