X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bigburner
    Super Senior Member
    • May 2005

Red 2 (2013)

This light hearted action film has so many big names in it I'd hate to think how large the payroll was. The big names include Bruce Willis, John Malkovich, Anthony Hopkins, Helen Mirren and Catherine Zeta-Jones.

The film is almost 2 hours long. After an hour I switched it off and did something else more interesting. It's not that it's crap or anything (well it is a bit I suppose). I did enjoy the hour that I watched but I didn't need to watch the second hour. I'm pretty sure that a weapon of mass destruction was the guts of the film, but honestly it could have been anything. The actors looked like they were having fun though. Well maybe not; they are actors after all.

Nigel.
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

I kind of had the same experience in the first RED, Nigel, so I'm not interested in the sequel.
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• madmac
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2010

I think the whole reason why I liked it was the banter and chemistry between the actors!. It was infectious!.
      Dan Madden :T

Comment

• Ovation
        Super Senior Member
        • Sep 2004

My wife and I enjoyed both RED movies (unusual in her case). It's tongue in cheek and aimed squarely at our demographic--a gentler version of The Expendables.

Plus they have Helen Mirren (which automatically makes a movie worth watching at least once). :T

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2001

Originally posted by Ovation
          Plus they have Helen Mirren (which automatically makes a movie worth watching at least once). :T
          Absolutely agree. Actually, I rather enjoyed both one and two.
          My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"