X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bigburner
    Super Senior Member
    • May 2005

Elysium (2013)

This is a film with a lot of promise but unfortunately it just doesn't deliver. The video is fantastic but it can't disguise the fact that the plot is formulaic and predictable. And why oh why must every American blockbuster include at least 10,000 rounds of ammunition being fired?

It's a terrible thing to say but I came away wishing that the film had been made for all those intelligent types living on Elysium rather than for all those dummies living on Earth.

Nigel.
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Yes, critics were not to kind. Still, I'm a Damon fan so it will likely end up in my Damon collection.
    My Homepage!

Comment

• wkhanna
      Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2006

IMNSOH, director Neill Blomkamp's "Distrtic 9" was one of the best movies, let alone sci-fi, that i have seen.

Sorry to hear you are not 'tickled pink' over this one, Nigel.
      But as Sir George states, i too will likely still see this film at some point as I love this genre.
      _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
      ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

• madmac
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2010

I spun this on DVD yesterday and enjoyed it to a certain degree. Damon saves this film really. Jodie Foster really does not work out well in this film. She doesn't make that good of a villain acting wise. I could think of a lot of other actresses that could have worked out far better. I'm actually surprised that she took on this role.

This film is somewhat entertaining but that's all it is......... 6/10 stars for an 'ok' SiFi flick.
        Dan Madden :T

Comment

• alebonau
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Oct 2005

I liked the movie, but then I tend to like post apocalyptic movies. interesting movie none the less
          "Technology is a drug. We can't get enough of it."

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"