X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bigburner
    Super Senior Member
    • May 2005

Antiviral (2013)

I found "Antiviral" rather an odd film. Perhaps I don't have the intellect to appreciate it fully? The male hero of "Antiviral" works at a medical clinic that infects fans of sick celebrities with live viruses taken from their bodies, for a price of course. He also sells illegal samples of those viruses to pirates by smuggling them out of the clinic in his body, which makes him very ill (it makes a change from pirating movies I suppose).

Whilst this film has a number of interesting aspects I couldn't understand why anyone would want to deliberately infect themselves with something horrible just because it was taken from a movie star. I was waiting for the film to reveal a reason but it never surfaced. You see, if I was a bit brighter that would probably have been unimportant, but for me it resulted in the film lacking credibility.

Nigel.
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

I may rent this one someday, but I'll probably have to be desperate. Thanks for the comments, Nigel.
    My Homepage!

Comment

• wkhanna
      Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2006

Originally posted by bigburner
      I couldn't understand why anyone would want to deliberately infect themselves with something horrible just because it was taken from a movie star.
      Oh dear……I can just see it now…..

Rooms full of merchandisers developing & promoting entire designer lines of Justin Bieber Boils & Kardashian Chlamydia!!!!

Originally posted by bigburner
      I found (it) rather an odd film. Perhaps I don't have the intellect to appreciate it fully?
      Time to 'Dumb it Down', Nigel, lest you get labeled a "snob". :W
      _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
      ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

• Chris D
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Dec 2000

Originally posted by wkhanna
        Justin Bieber Boils & Kardashian Chlamydia!!!!
        Bhahahahahahaahahaaaaaa!!!
        CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
        - Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"