X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • madmac
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2010

"Breaking Bad" 3rd season DVD

I've been spinning this series on DVD lately. I rented it from my library on the recommendation of some friends. Sadly, I would have liked to start with the first season but it was not available. I must say that it is entertaining......if not a tad silly. Some of the actors won Emmy's for their work in this series.

It's basically about a terminally ill middle aged man who decides, for the sake of providing for his family, to undertake making Crystal Meth (He's a chemist apparently). All kinds of things go wrong and this series is basically about all that.

The video quality is fine but the dvd has serious sound issues. The actors whisper and mumble a lot and the sound guy just didn't get it right. I find myself pumping up my center channel speaker to hear their mumbling's, only to be blown away when music starts or gun fire erupts!!. It's VERY bothersome to say the least!.

Other than that, it's an entertaining watch.
    Dan Madden :T
  • Ovation
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

You need to start from the beginning to fully appreciate the series. It is available on Netflix streaming if you have that option (that's where I watched it--awaiting the final season to arrive on Netflix).

Comment

• madmac
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Ovation
      You need to start from the beginning to fully appreciate the series. It is available on Netflix streaming if you have that option (that's where I watched it--awaiting the final season to arrive on Netflix).
      I know Ovation, that's what everybody tells me (watch it from the beginning!). However, my library only had season 3 and I really wanted to check it out. So therefore, I'm kinda' stuck in that season now. I don't currently have the internet bandwidth to stream Netflix. I'm still enjoying it though!.
      Dan Madden :T

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"