X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • madmac
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2010

"The Last Stand" Review

Ok folks let's be straight about this film. It IS what it IS.......An Arnie film, chock full of shootin', action, and humour. With this film, you get what you pay for. Just that.....and ONLY that!!. Spun this in BD format this morning due to the infernal rain we're having here in Montreal. This film was just the ticket to ease my bordom!. I enjoyed it and it was fun.

Arnie has lost some of his acting abilities, probably due to a combination of age and his now political career (which kills a lot of mojo), but still pulls it off.

7/10 stars for this fun, mindless, fun film!.
    Dan Madden :T
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Strange film in a way. One minute it looked like it was going in the comedic route, and the next in a serious route. Plot was a bit hard to believe. It's one of those check your brain at the door flicks. It was OK, but 90 minutes of it was enough already. Arnie looks a little dumpy around the middle and a bit out of shape. You could easily see it wasn't him in some of the fight scenes. I doubt if this did very well at the box office.
    My Homepage!

Comment

• wkhanna
      Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2006

Originally posted by madmac

Arnie has lost some of his acting abilities.....
      ????

How do loose something you never had ?????

Thanks for the review; but I'll pass.
      _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
      ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

• Chris D
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Dec 2000

I'm only planning on watching this movie if it comes to TV.

But the title makes me think of the Stephen King miniseries "The Stand".
        CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
        - Pleasantville

Comment

• John Holmes
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

I used a code for Redbox so, the damage was minimum. That said, I thought it was more Arnold making fun of himself. As madmac said, expecting anything more from this film... Anyway, I enjoyed it. I laughed quite a bit and I thought this movie played to Arnold's strengths or lack there of.
          "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• Ovation
            Super Senior Member
            • Sep 2004

I enjoyed this for what it was--a callback to 80s style nonsensical action movies with some comedy mixed in--the kind Arnie used to make regularly. Plus I always enjoy Peter Stormare and Forest Whittaker. Nothing to write home about, but entertaining nonetheless.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"