X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • madmac
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2010

Couple of Dvd reviews!!

Hey all!. I have spun a few Dvd's this last week and thought I would share my thoughts on them.

"Last day on Earth" - Well, the scientific premise behind this film is laughable!. You would figure they could come up with a better reason why the Earth is going to end rather than because of the the Ozone layer!!??.....let alone at EXACTLY 4:44 AM??!!. Hehehe!!. Complete with the Al Gore insertion and how we "Asked for it" kinda' thinking. Laughably, everybody kinda' just goes on with their lives in a funny kinda' way, complete with a dude delivering take out food to their door!!??. HUH??. Anyway, the only major star in this film is Willem Dafoe and it's not that he does a bad job in his role, it's just the whole story line that sucks. Don't rent this dvd for good science fiction, explosions, and end of World apocalyptic scenarios like the dvd box indicates. This is a talker movie folks!. However and at the end of the day, this film is laughably wrong in every way. 5/10 stars at best.

"The Impossible" - This is a film about an American family vacationing in Thailand caught in the destruction and chaotic aftermath of the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami. This film really wears on you as time goes on. The musical score is nauseating and just goes on and on with sad, violins and piano music :cry:. It's basically about a family that gets torn apart in the tragic aftermath of the Tsunami and them going on and on trying to find each other (On and on is the key words here folks!!). I don't think honestly that this was a good enough story for a major motion picture. However, the musical score brings it to a whole another level of 'Yawn' :Z

6/10 stars for this sleeper....
    Dan Madden :T
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Thanks for the heads up, Dan.
    My Homepage!

Comment

• madmac
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2010

Actually, the Impossible could have been made much better if they had incorporated a number of people and families into the plot that somehow intertwine (With Morgan Freeman of course!). Kinda' like a 'Poseidon Adventure' kinda' idea.

Comment

• madmac
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2010

Originally posted by madmac
        Actually, the Impossible could have been made much better if they had incorporated a number of people and families into the plot that somehow intertwine (With Morgan Freeman of course!). Kinda' like a 'Poseidon Adventure' kinda' idea.
        I have gotten some 'flames' from some of my Facebook friends in regards to this review of "The Impossible".......possibly because of the Oklahoma disaster sympathies but honestly.......the film wore on me due to it's pandering of the 'sappy' theme.... complete with the 'sappy' music. I simply need more in a film than that.....sorry.....

However.......Watts is her normal beautiful self and even busted up, she looks pretty!!. There......I said it!!.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"