X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Trevor Schell
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

What's Your 3D Mark 2001 Score?

I just downloaded this 38 meg file and installed it on my computer.

After running the 16 tests in the 3D mark 2001 test run my final score was 311.

I would assume such a low mark is not too stunning in terms of performance. Some frame rate indicators showed scenes running as slow as 1 FPS.
    However this is on a PII 266 Mhz with a 64 Voodoo 5 AGP card.

Once my Athlon system is complete ,set-up and running I am sure I will be able to acheive a much higher score on this BenchMark.

So what does everybody else score on the 3D Mark 2001?

Trevor
    My HomeTheater S.E.
    Sonically Enhanced
    C5
    Trevor

XBOX 360 CARD
  • Bing Fung
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Aug 2000

Trev, 3d marks 2001 is a very processor and GU hungry benchmark, however a benchmark is just that, a benchmark. Granted your number is lower than I would have expected. Once you abtain a decent score, it just doesn't matter in real world apps, unless your a framerate counter.

I suspect once you have the new system up, you will eclipse your current score.

With the New Detonator XP drivers I get:

7068 @ default (1028x768 32 bit color)

Bing
    Bing

Comment

• SiliGoose
      • Aug 2000

Bing,

How is it that your 3D Mark score is better than mine?

At the 3D Mark default I get a score of 7052 @ 1.5Ghz. I don't get it...I have a faster CPU and theoretically faster DDR RAM. Is your GeForce 3 overclocked? That's the only thing I can think of...but still...I think I should be more competitive.

If your GeForce is overclocked, how'd you manage that with the new drivers? I read that the third party OC utilities don't work well with the new nVidia drivers. Untrue? What do you use?

-Sili
      www.campmurphy.net

Comment

• Bing Fung
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Aug 2000

Hey Sili...

What can I say, tweaked?? I dunno?? What's your FSB set at for 1.5 Ghz? As you can see I have a high FSB 140x10, that also speeds up the memory, and everything else.

If it makes you feel any better, I ran the test again but could not get 7068, and the best I was able to muster this round was 7053.

My graphics card is overclocked @ 220/510 Mhz. The new drivers seem to work fine with the Coolbit's registry hack I applied a while ago. The Clock timing tab was there when I installed the new XP drivers.

I do have 768 Mb of 166 Mhz Tonicom Ram set at CAS2 Turbo, 4 bank interleaving, with full memory tweak optimizations for the KT7A board applied. I also have the Raid array, though 3D Marks may not take full advantage of that.

I'm a bit suprized...

Bing
        Bing

Comment

• SiliGoose
          • Aug 2000

Well, you should be proud. You've done a great job of tweaking!

My FSB is at 150 right now. I'm looking in to upping the RAM voltage as some guys are having luck getting up to the mid 170's.

Can you point me in the direction of the Coolbit hack you used to OC your Geforce?

Thanks,

-Sili
          www.campmurphy.net

Comment

• Bing Fung
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Aug 2000

Could be I'm just lucky as well :W

I'll find the hack for you when I get home...

Bing
            Bing

Comment

• Bing Fung
              Ultra Senior Member
              • Aug 2000

Sili, I have just sent you the Cool Bits file, via E-mail.

Bing
              Bing

Comment

• SiliGoose
                • Aug 2000

Well, I'm up to 7059 now!

I still need to do the GF3 OC. That ought to help. Bing, I sent you an email about the Coolbits hack. It doesn't work for me

-Sili
                www.campmurphy.net

Comment

• SiliGoose
                  • Aug 2000

That did it! I found a program called Powerstrip that allowed me to OC my GeForce 3. I'm now getting a 7442 3D Mark. Very nice.

Now I've just got to get above 8000!!

How high can GF3 be OC'd?

-Sili
                  www.campmurphy.net

Comment

• Bing Fung
                    Ultra Senior Member
                    • Aug 2000

Great Job Sili!! :B

Power strip will do the job as well. If I remember correctly now, I may have had to edit my registry manually as well with Coolbits(if I can find my notes, I'll pass them along), regardless, you have it OC'ed now There is another program called Riva Tuner that allows you to tweak as well.

How much you can over clock depends on your card manufacturer and how luck you are. I have heard of 235/535, give or take a few.

Bing
                    Bing

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Aug 2000

Bing I bought a Geforce 2 MX this weekend since I gave the old ATI Rage card to the other PC. I benched the new system at around 1397 (celery@970 w/256 megs PC133 ram) I also tried the coolbits registry hack which allowed my to slide the overclocking slide bars over...but when I do that the bench marks drop back down to 300! when I slide the bars over I can get the memory only up to 100 (max value when I slide it to the far right)...when I turn it off (ie defaults) it says its at 375 mhz...why is it I can't OC the memory at all?....It seems like I'm underclocking not overclocking when I try to modify the settings at all...what gives?

PS that was using the coolbits reg modification and running on XP

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                        Moderator Emeritus
                        • Aug 2000

Well I did some digging over lunch and it seems like coolbits and the other tweaking tools don't work well (or at all) for O/C when using the new D4 drivers. I'll revert back to the ver 12 driver and see if I can OC the card.

Comment

• Bing Fung
                          Ultra Senior Member
                          • Aug 2000

Hey Andrew, that is strange :?

The coolsbits didn't work for me at first, and now I can't seem to remember if I had manually edited my reg, or if when I installed the Hercules tweaker that I was able to OC my card.... Regardless, I'm no longer running the Herc tweaker, or the Herc drivers but I have the same OC tab with all OC functions available using W2K & XP drivers..... Hummmm :? I thought I logged what I didn't but I don't seem to have a record of it. Maybe when I ran Herc tweaker, it modified my registry to enable overclocking regardless of what driver I'm using?

Maybe try Power strip like Sili or Riva tuner.

Riva Tuner

Power Strip

BTW, I don't know if that is a decent score or not. When I ran 3DMk with my current system and my Matrox G400Max, I was getting 1880 or something like that, so based on that, I would say your in the ball park, it sounds right. How does it compare when you look at other systems in your class?

Note as well, 3DMK seems like it is really designed for the Geforce 3.

Bing
                          Bing

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                            Moderator Emeritus
                            • Aug 2000

Played a little more last night and Riva won't detect my card but power strip does the ticked. I managed to get a 1381 score with the memory and ram at 185...I tried pushing it a bit more but it locked up so I'm now tweaking them individually and see what I can get out of them. Is there a crack for powerstrip?

Comment

Working...
                            Searching...Please wait.
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                            Search Result for "|||"