X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shekhar
    • Jan 2005

Tsunami damaged 804s -Need HELP

When the Tsunami hit my house, my 804s (bought in 1999 in the US) got tossed around 20-25 feet across my house in 4 feet of salt water, sand and muck. Luckily I was out on vacation and I had powered everything down before leaving. The covers on the speakers probably saved them.

Good News: Took the pair to the local dealer given that I lost all of my electronics. The speakers actually worked and sound great. We compared the latest 804 with mine and there was really not a lot of difference. We cranked up the bass and treble and the volume all the way up and the speakers performed exceptionally well.

Problem: The violence/force of wave has partially ripped out the rubber (?) cover of the mid-range. The tweeters have been torn from their base but are still attached by a pair of wires. The mid-range wobbles when you crank up the volume.

Question: Can anyone recommed what sort of glue I should use to fix the mid-range's outside rubber cover so that it doesn't wobble ? (Super Glue ? OR Is there a speciality glue that's used for these ?)Also is it possible to get a pair of front covers for the speakers ?

Any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks.
  • BlazeMaster
    • May 2004

did your dealer offer any suggestions? I'd assume the dealer can or know somebody that knows how to repair speakers.

Comment

• amirsafdari
      • Dec 2004

Incredible...

Comment

• Lefteris
        • Feb 2005

Wow....

Well, all I can suggest is never use superglue.
        It just doesn't work, and most of the time it just causes more problems.
        If I were you, I'd order new units and have them installed.... I guess that half the price is in the wooden cabin. But, if you want to fix it, there is ALWAYS a better blue than superglue.

Cheers... :E
        Miles Smiles

Comment

• DanR
          • Dec 2004

Contact cement is better than superglue, but there are specialty adhesives just for rubber. Talk to your local hardware store or contact 3M directly for where to purchase. The glue for rubber I'm talking about is kind of like the glue you get to apply patches on holes in tires.
          :B It's all about the MUSIC!!!

Comment

• Herbonbay
            • Jan 2005

I agree with Amirsafdari... incredible.......
            Neither dark of night or driving rain or Tsunami can deter a B&W owner from their appointed neurosis
            Herb

Comment

• sugarmedia
              • Feb 2005

----------------------------------------

For a second there, I thought you were wanting me to donate to your stereo relief fund.
              Last edited by sugarmedia; 06 February 2005, 09:32 Sunday. Reason: .

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"