X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ovation
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

Trouble with the Curve--Classic low key Clint

Just like watching a Cary Grant or John Wayne movie, watching a movie with Clint Eastwood in it rarely gives us a surprise. It does, however, rarely disappoint. Nothing fancy or revolutionary about Trouble with the Curve. Just a couple of hours in the company of a old favourite (and a fine Amy Adams to boot). Probably not high on the re-watch scale, but certainly a pleasant way to wile away a few hours (a lot like a minor league ball game, come to think of it). Worth a rental.
    Last edited by Ovation; 02 March 2013, 14:34 Saturday. Reason: fixed silly spelling error
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

I really liked this film. I saw it some time ago and can't believe I didn't write a little review of it. I must say, I'm becoming a fan of Justin Timberlake.
    My Homepage!

Comment

• Hdale85
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2006

I think Justin Timberlake is actually a very fine actor. I've seen him in quite a few films now and he's generally quite good. Of course you can only be as good as the writer writes probably.

Comment

• Ovation
        Super Senior Member
        • Sep 2004

Rare is the actor who is not victim of bad writing or, even worse, bad direction. The reverse also works in their favour, especially good direction.

Comment

• Chris D
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Dec 2000

It's on my must-watch list. Love what Clint has become, and Amy Adams and I were in high school together. Looking forward to it.
          CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
          - Pleasantville

Comment

• Ovation
            Super Senior Member
            • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Chris D
            It's on my must-watch list. Love what Clint has become, and Amy Adams and I were in high school together. Looking forward to it.
            Lucky you. Even if you had no direct interactions (and even if she is a jerk in real-life--don't know that she is or isn't, just postulating a worst-case scenario), the visual scenery in your high school was automatically better than in mine (no girls in my high school).

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Jan 2001

Originally posted by Ovation
              (no girls in my high school).
              That sucks. My hormones ( like everyone elses ) were raging during my high school years. I don't know how I would have made it without all those pretty girls around me.
              My Homepage!

Comment

• Ovation
                Super Senior Member
                • Sep 2004

Originally posted by George Bellefontaine
                That sucks. My hormones ( like everyone elses ) were raging during my high school years. I don't know how I would have made it without all those pretty girls around me.
                Well, it probably added a full letter grade to my GPA, as there were far fewer distractions. :B Of course, we used to joke with incoming freshmen that the moment when you knew it was time for graduation was when the lunch ladies starting looking like swimsuit models. :rofl: (they were actually very nice and made, for high school cafeteria food, some really good food--but Sports Illustrated was NOT recruiting from among them)

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Jan 2001

Originally posted by Ovation
                  we used to joke with incoming freshmen that the moment when you knew it was time for graduation was when the lunch ladies starting looking like swimsuit models. :rofl:
                  Now that's funny. :rofl:
                  My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"