X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Expendables 2 not too bad

As sequels go, Expendables 2 is pretty good. Now don't worry, you won't have to tax your brain, though you may find it a bit of a stretch when someone like Chuck Norris pops up out of nowhere and saves the expendables' skin. But all in all I found it an entertaining 90 minutes.

One thing I'd like to mention. Considering his age and aside from Stallone's lack of greyhair ( a lot of black shoe polish there ) physically he's in damn good shape, though so help me, at times it looks like his face is falling off.

And Jason Statham didn't have as much to do in this one, but he is always a treat to watch.

Certianly worth a rental, and your HT will get a good workout. :T
    My Homepage!
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

I'll definitely rent this one. Because if nothing else, when the Bogeyman goes to bed, he checks his closet for Chuck Norris.
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

Originally posted by Chris D
      I'll definitely rent this one. Because if nothing else, when the Bogeyman goes to bed, he checks his closet for Chuck Norris.
      :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
      My Homepage!

Comment

• John Holmes
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Seeing all these guys in one action film, is worth the price of admission for me. It wasn't a bad movie either.
        "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• Chris D
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Dec 2000

Rented it. George was right. Nothing special, but worth a rental for a pure no-brain-latest-shoot 'em-up movie.

Actually, I take it back--getting even more action superstars together for a mega film was special. Only could have been better if they had added a few select guys like Charles Bronson or something. I liked the little homages they threw in to several of the guys' other action movies, like Terminator and such, although obviously cheesy. Even a classic Chunk Norris lore line, delivered by the man himself, that Chuck Norris fought a King Cobra and got bit. After five agonizing days and night of pain... the King Cobra died.

Man, most of those guys are getting old, though. The finale fight of JCVD and Stallone was a bit geriatric-facial-plastic-surgery. Arnold was right with his line, that some of them belong in a museum.

Still, a fun watch and worth a single rental. :3: out of :5:
          CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Chris D
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Dec 2000

Oh, and could it have been any more obvious when they added the new guy? Like 10 mega-action super stars in a group, and... one other guy. Gee... I wonder if he's going to die? Kinda like in Star Trek, when you get Scotty, Kirk, Spock, McCoy, Sulu, and... one other nobody crewman beaming down to to the planet. Hmmm... what ever is going to happen?
            CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Hdale85
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Jan 2006

You guys think way too much.....lol

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"