Joyful Noise

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • madmac
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Aug 2010
    • 3122

    #1

    Joyful Noise

    Watched this DVD last night and enjoyed it for the music and sound quality only. Musicals are inherently dangerous by nature 8O !!. You would think that this would be a good line up of talented singers and actors but unfortunately, the acting is strained and the dialogue and chemistry falls flat. What DOES work are the musical performances!. The audio that comes off this disc is stellar!. Watch this film only for that and ONLY do it if you are into this kind of gospel choir sound!.

    It does come across as very 'Glee' like on occasion.

    7/10 just for the music only. :T
    Dan Madden :T

Related Topics

Collapse

  • George Bellefontaine
    Broadway musicals on Blu
    by George Bellefontaine
    One of my all time favorite Broadways musicals is South Pacific. I only had it on laserdisc so when it was released on Bluray I got it in a hurry. If any of you out there love these musicals and have them on either LD or those crummy non-anamorphic transfers, then get this one fast. The PQ is to die...
    03 June 2009, 08:56 Wednesday
  • wettou
    Using white noise to aim and adjust speakers
    by wettou
    Using white noise to aim and adjust speakers AIMING and "LEARNING" SPEAKERS Here is a method for "aiming" ...
    25 July 2010, 16:28 Sunday
  • RotelBorn
    Rotel RA-1570 suddenly makes puff-noise from left channel
    by RotelBorn
    I got some really good suggestions here last year regardning an USB-humming noise, and now some year later, I might try this forum again.

    After being away for a week, returning home, switchin on my amp, suddenly I hear a constant "puff" from the left channel (speaker).
    ...
    22 July 2018, 05:49 Sunday
  • Srv
    RSP-1066 Noise & Buzz
    by Srv
    Hi! My new RSP-1066 produce a heavy noise/buzz in rear channels when the Processor is in use. The noise follow the volume and when volume is set in zero, its no noise or buzz. When I'm playing in analog mode, as in SACD 5.1, DVD-Audio 5.1, 2.0 & in ordinary Stereo mode there is no noise what so...
    01 October 2003, 11:58 Wednesday
  • Spectre
    RSP-1066 and noise from LS
    by Spectre
    Hi all,

    I am a new owner of the Rotel RSP-1066 and the RMB-1075 combi.

    All in all I am very pleased with this combi as it is a significant improvement over my old Yamaha AZ-2 amplifier.

    However, I noticed a little annoiance that is not noticeable under normal...
    02 September 2004, 03:51 Thursday
  • Loading...
  • No more items.
Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

    Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

    Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"