X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

The Adjustment Bureau

This film, based loosely on a Philip K. Dick short story, deals with a theme of free will and fate.
    Is it possible that our fate is predetermined ? If so, what if we veer off track via our own free will ? In this romantic scifi thriller starring Matt Damon and Emily Blunt, Damon's character must pitt his free will against predetermined fate that does not include Blunt, the woman he loves. He is up against the adjustment bureau, a group of hatted men who answer to " the chairman ".

If you can accept this sci-fi premise you will find The Adjustment Bureau an enjoyable film. I do believe that Damon and Blunt, who have great chemistry here, keep the film afloat. Lesser actors may not have been able to do so.
    All in all, I found this an enjoyable watch that, because of the romantic angle, makes a good film for viewing with your significant other. :T
    My Homepage!
  • Ovation
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

I just watched this the other night and I agree with your comments. If I'd known the romantic angle was so important to the story, I might have waited for a chance to watch it with my wife (she was away on a business trip). Perhaps another rental when it's no longer a "new release" (I enjoyed it, but I don't think I'll be watching it many more times).

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

No, pretty much a one timer.
      My Homepage!

Comment

• aud19
        Twin Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2003

Originally posted by George Bellefontaine
        All in all, I found this an enjoyable watch that, because of the romantic angle, makes a good film for viewing with your significant other. :T
        Did just that yesterday on a lazy Sunday with the wife. Found it to be a pretty enjoyable (if not exceptional) movie.

As usual George, your assessment was pretty bang on. The leads had great chemistry, the film had decent pacing and the sound and video were up to snuff.

I think my favourite scene was the one with historical references as they related to free will...made me giggle :lol:
        Jason

Comment

• Chris D
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Dec 2000

I was pleasantly surprised by the film, and enjoyed it as well.
          CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
          - Pleasantville

Comment

• wkhanna
            Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2006

:agree:
            Damon always brings his talent and class to every film he does.
            Though, I don't plan on seeing that one about the zoo.
            _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
            ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Jan 2001

Originally posted by wkhanna
              :agree:
              Damon always brings his talent and class to every film he does.
              Though, I don't plan on seeing that one about the zoo.
              Yeah, Bill, I am a big Damon fan ever since the Bourne series, but I'm with you on that zoo themed film. Not sure it would be my cup of tea.
              My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"