X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • madmac
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2010

Dvd review: "The Fighter"

I really liked The Fighter because it's not your typical Rocky type of boxing film. There is lots of fine acting and good sub plots to keep you very entertained in this film.

One thing that struck me while watching this was the superb video quality of the presentation. I swore at times watching the dvd through my Oppo 981 that I was watching a Blu ray!!. :E

Run, don't walk out to rent or buy this. It's a must see !! :T

8.5/10 stars
    Dan Madden :T
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Yeah, I've been going to rent this for sometime now. I usually have to be in the right kind of mood for this type of film. Good to hear the dvd quality is good. I may try renting the dvd ( it's cheaper ) and play it on my Panny BD85 which does an excellent job on upconversion.
    My Homepage!

Comment

• madmac
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2010

Originally posted by George Bellefontaine
      Yeah, I've been going to rent this for sometime now. I usually have to be in the right kind of mood for this type of film. Good to hear the dvd quality is good. I may try renting the dvd ( it's cheaper ) and play it on my Panny BD85 which does an excellent job on upconversion.
      Cheaper on dvd???? Hummm???? That's odd. All the video stores around here in Montreal charge the same for BD or dvd.
      Dan Madden :T

Comment

• Industrial
        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by madmac
        Cheaper on dvd???? Hummm???? That's odd. All the video stores around here in Montreal charge the same for BD or dvd.
        Here in ottawa is cheaper to rent DVD instead of BR as well.

Comment

• Bob
          • Jul 2000

As much as I liked watching this in the theater, I liked the DVD even better. Not because the movie or quality was any better but, it was one of the rare times that I rented a DVD for the bonus material. Something I seldom watch because I have no intrest in how a movie was made and seldom care for the directors or actors commentaries. I've worked on enough films to know that the commentaries tend to be B.S.

However, in this case I wanted to see all the interveiws with the real family members and compare that to the actors ability to capture the mannerisms of their characters. Like I said before, kudos to Christian Bale. He nailed a very difficult role.

I knew that Mark Whalberg had an extrodinary life story but, I had know idea how much he went through to get this film made.

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2001

Originally posted by madmac
            Yeah, here I pay about a buck more for Blu-ray.
            My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"