X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

The Time Traveler's Wife

The title pretty much says what this film is about. Eric Bana was born with a genetic anomaly that causes him to time travel at any given moment while being unable to do anything about it. In his time travel he meets a child who becomes the woman ( Rachel McAdams ) he will marry in the future. His abrupt time traveling makes for a difficult marriage for both.

I found it an intriguing story, and although it has a strong romantic tone throughout, it is more than a love story. The wife and I enjoyed it thoroughly.
    My Homepage!
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Seems like I keep watching these movies about the same time others here do as well. I just saw this on a plane a couple days ago.

Overall, I liked it. Touching, and sad. Some story flaws, and I wasn't overwhelmed. But it was good. I gave it :4: out of :5:
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

Originally posted by Chris D
      Some story flaws
      Yep, but despite that I rather liked the movie for its originality.At least, original in my case as I don't recall ever seeing a film like it. I'm also partial to Rachel McAdams as she is a fellow Canadian from St. Thomas, Ontario, and a cutie, too.
      My Homepage!

Comment

• Ovation
        Super Senior Member
        • Sep 2004

Rachel McAdams in hi-def? Always a pleasure. Might be a 'chick flick' that my wife and I can appreciate in equal measures (if not for exactly the same reasons :B )

Comment

• Chris D
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Dec 2000

This one's all about the human element, the love part of the time traveler and the effect it has on her, getting away from the sci-fi focus on the time traveling itself and the usual issues of time travel. Good stuff.
          CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
          - Pleasantville

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2001

The title may put it in the "chick flick " category, and scare some fellas off, but I feel it has a broader appeal. For one thing, it is sci-fi in nature because of the time travel, and for another thing, the romance is not the usual mushy type found in "chick flicks".
            My Homepage!

Comment

• DelRay
              • Jun 2004

The wife and I both liked it. It is more than just a chick-flick. It has alot of present/past storyline to it, but It's not hard to follow along. Kinda different. We give it a :T

Comment

• kpodolski
                • Jun 2006

Good call George. I forgot about this movie. For a time travel film I liked it.

I especially liked the birthday scene when Henry puts an LP on the turntable which is in turn connected to a tube amp!!! Awesome. :T
                The second place winner is the first place loser.

An argument with reality is one you'll never win.

If you are offended, you are complicit in the outrage.

It's better to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow.

"Americans love a winner. Americans will not tolerate a loser." Gen. Patton

Comment

• greenhorn
                  • Feb 2007

Humm... I read the book, guess I'll have to check out the movie. Book was decent, kinda like you all said, bordered being oriented for females, but didn't really cross the line. Not a bad read.

Comment

• ShadowZA
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Jan 2006

I rented this one out for the wife & I to sit back & enjoy. We both did. :T

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"