X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • june
    • Feb 2005

IP Man (Yip Man)

Hello All,

The best martial arts film since the old Shaw Brothers days. It's subtitled but will rock your system.
    June
    "IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN, YOU PLAN TO FAIL"
  • audioqueso
    Super Senior Member
    • Nov 2004

Maaaaannnnnnnn... I just watched this blu-ray last night. WOW! This was awesome. It's about Bruce Lee's teacher when he was young. It's not Jet Li, Crouching Tiger, type of effect movie. No real effects except for a few throws, but this guy is just fast. But on top of that, it had a great story... not about martial arts.

PQ was just ok. Some dark scenes were not handled well.
    SQ was perfect. The music was well balanced, and not out of place. The 'newest' thing for me was that this was the first martial art movie where there are surround sound effects for fighting moves. Example, two guys fight, as one guy swings his sword at the guys head, the camera moves to the defense guy's point of view, and you hear the sword go around in a circle around your HT (center, to right, to right surround, to rear etc). A roundhouse kick had the same effect. They seemed to use a lot of localizing sound effects during fight. I never heard that before. It worked out really well.

One thing to note. This disc confused me about audio options. It has 6 different blu-ray audios. 7.1LPCM, TrueDolbyHD, DTS-HD MA, and two other that I can't remember. I don't know which one is better. I just picked whatever had Mandarin.

Great movie though!
    B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"