X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ovation
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

Bangkok Dangerous

Just watched this (rental on BD). Merely okay. Nothing that hasn't been done or seen before. While Nicholas Cage does a decent job, I have to say this is the kind of role I would have expected to find Wesley Snipes playing, given Snipes' recent career. Is Cage headed in the same direction? Looks good in hi def and there is a lot of low frequency ooomph for the bass-heads out there. There is an alternate ending in the extras that some amateur "reviewers" (like me) on other fora prefer to the theatrical one (not available as a branching) but I like the theatrical one quite a bit better. If anyone else sees this, I'd be interested in discussing the two endings.

It's not anything I'd recommend as a must see, but it isn't so bad as to deserve a warning to stay away.
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

I rented this awhile back ( only watched the theatrical ending) and was less than impressed, so didn't bother to start a thread on it. I used to be a Nick Cage fan but some of the stuff he's been doing lately just doesn't ring my bell. The most recent one I did like was NEXT, and that was probably because it co-starred Julianne Moore and Jessica Biel.
    My Homepage!

Comment

• Gump
      • Sep 2005

Yes, I was also surprised that Cage was involved in this movie. Seemed more like a Jason Statham type of vehicle to me.

If your in the mood for a coupla hours of mindless action it's worth a rental. Bangkok setting was also interesting.

Grade: C-

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"