X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hdale85
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

Kung-Fu Panda WoW!

The PQ and AQ are simply amazing! And the movie is quite entertaining. Easily a new reference disk. I bought the Blu-Ray version of course :B
  • RobP
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Nov 2004

I was quite surprised by this one as well, very funny movie, great for the whole family. :T
    Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• wettou
      Ultra Senior Member
      • May 2006

Yes my kids loved it:T
      Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• Hdale85
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2006

Yes my son has watched it at least 6 times since we got it.. I admit I like it too though

Comment

• Ovation
          Super Senior Member
          • Sep 2004

My daughter loved this at the cinema and it will be a stocking stuffer.

Comment

• Gump
            • Sep 2005

Full agreement, it was very entertaining.

This was by far the best sound I've heard from a bluray disc so far. The Dolby True HD was excellent and will be a demo disc for me too.

Comment

• Chris D
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Dec 2000

Thanks! Just added to my Amazon wish list. Willing to risk a blind purchase, based on those recommendations of ya'lls.
              CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
              - Pleasantville

Comment

• Hdale85
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Jan 2006

Chris you will certainly love it and so will your young one

Comment

• audioqueso
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Nov 2004

Wow... I just started playing it right now (Great Saturday morning flick!), and the picture is just gorgeous!
                  B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• audioqueso
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Nov 2004

I didn't see this movie in the theaters, but everyone told me it was really good. I was skeptical because it's Jack Black, and lately his stuff has not been so good.
                    However, this was not the case with Kung Fu Panda. The movie was great!! I really had a good time watching this movie. I don't know how much involvement Jack Black had with the scripts, but this is definitely one of his best stuff! These fights scenes for an animated movie were really cool! I loved this movie, and I'm sure I'll be watching it a lot more.

SQ and PQ are just amazing! The picture was gorgeous in every scene. The SQ was very good when the bad guy showed up and started growling. I think they used a real lion's roar because it sounded so real and so awesome on my speakers! I loved it.

Great movie. Great reference blu-ray.
                    Go buy it! :5:

Comment

• Gump
                      • Sep 2005

The dynamic scenes in the movie (like the villian's growling and roaring) definitely sounded spectacular, but the sound nuances were also amazing to me. For instance, when the panda (Po) is eating a cookie and the crumbs on his face fall off, you can actually hear them hitting the floor. Crumbs hitting the floor! You can HEAR them! Just an example of how detailed the sound is....pretty cool.

Comment

• audioqueso
                        Super Senior Member
                        • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Gump
                        The dynamic scenes in the movie (like the villian's growling and roaring) definitely sounded spectacular, but the sound nuances were also amazing to me. For instance, when the panda (Po) is eating a cookie and the crumbs on his face fall off, you can actually hear them hitting the floor. Crumbs hitting the floor! You can HEAR them! Just an example of how detailed the sound is....pretty cool.
                        EXACTLY!!! The growl sounded so real like it was right there! So far, that's what has impressed me most about blu-ray... the audio. I thought the same thing when he was eating the cookie. It's so cool!

Comment

• NMG
                          • Oct 2004

Just picked up and watched the BR tonight and I agree with all of the previous comments. It's a great flick and well worth the purchase. PQ and SQ was stellar :T

Comment

• impala454
                            Ultra Senior Member
                            • Oct 2007

$15 + free shipping for this blu-ray on amazon today
                            -Chuck

Comment

• ShadowZA
                              Super Senior Member
                              • Jan 2006

Watched this last night with friends & kids.
                              Thoroughly enjoyed!
                              :T

Comment

Working...
                              Searching...Please wait.
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                              There are no results that meet this criteria.
                              Search Result for "|||"